Rangers open contract talks with Jason Holt, Andy Halliday and Barrie McKay

So now we are leaking contract talks to the Rhebel in advance of them concluding. Really poor show from whoever at the club leaked this to Jackson. I thought we were going back to the good old days where the first you knew of a signing was after he signed. The transactions in the summer were like that, but clearly not any more. Sad that, especially to the Rhecord who are Lawwell's puppet and no friend of ours.

I also maintain this is a decision we do not need to take at this time and is just giving away more money that we dont have at a time we dont need to be spending it. Happy to get these three tied down, but they were not going anywhere this window anyway, and two of the three have only been here 6 months. Bad practice IMO and could well have waited until the summer at the earliest.

I'm surprised at your annoyance here TB, you're really looking for the cloud on this silver lining.

Holt and McKay aren't just important players for us they're assets, their form won't have gone unnoticed elsewhere. Securing them on better contracts is a win-win as far as I'm concerned. Holt hasn't settled at any club and McKay looked like he was on his way out of the club before Warburton arrived, so this gives both some stability and confirms to them they are wanted and important something that's important to any person. It also makes it harder for another club to unsettle them.

I'd also guess that seeing as Halliday's career wasn't going anywhere in the summer he probably signed with the gentleman's agreement that if things go well his contract will be looked at. I'm pleased it has been.

As for the leak, bear in mind how many people would be involved in this; agents, the players themselves, people at the club plus I imagine most of the other players knew about it as did the friends and family of the players, it's probably been an open secret for sometime.

Jackson has got inside info from Paul Murray for years, so I'm not surprised just disappointed that that particular anti-Rangers paper gets preferential treatment.

I keep getting told that money is tight, to not expect quality signings that get fans pumping £15M or so pa into the club excited, so to see money being spent unnecessarily in this fashion annoys me.

I like these 3 players and while I am glad if they are now on longer deals, I find the timing completely stupid. For Holt/Halliday they are barely in the door. Nobody can tell me these two are unsettled, or feel unloved, or frustrated at game-time, or that we have had bids for them, so there is no reason whatsoever for spending a few hundred grand on already happy contracted players, when we have so much to do both on the playing and non-playing side at the club.

Give players extended contracts,criticism,don't give players extended contracts,criticism,......................can't please everyone,however a blind man can see what a good job the management team and the players are doing considering the team was only put together at the beginning of the season,and new management to boot!.

I'm loving it,I can see how far we have come in such a short space of time,on and off the pitch,onwards and upwards lads,keep it going.

Edited by ian1964