EPL here we go again

Believe me BH, the SFA have the power to prevent ANY football match taking place in Scotland. I remeber a very long thread on the FF board many years ago when this very point was debated and settled.

Firstly, I would not regard the result of a debate on any Forum Board, least of all the one you mention, as being a settled decision on any football matter under SFA jurisdiction never mind FIFA or UEFA.

Theoretcially you may well be correct, in fact I wouldn't doubt it, as all football in Scotland has to be sanctioned by the SFA , but, and it's rather a big BUT I would suggest, in practice I am not sure that they would go against FIFA/UEFA or that they would succeed if they tried.

Anyway it's not going to happen because the only possible invite might be from the English non League system where some Clubs might see it as financially beneficial and let's face it we're not going to start again at the bottom, now are we?

To be honest do you think if we did get to there at any level that we would take a massive travelling support or get one coming to us,doubtful to say the least.

The costs just to follow in Scotland are high enough,what would they be say going to London,Swansea,,Southhampton etc.

As the SFA give out the licences it is quite obvious that they can do that. It is games from teams under their or UEFA's jurisdiction though.. They couldn't stop a pirate association starting up, as happened in darts.

There is absolutley no value whatsoever in a pirate association, quite simply it would be illegal football with all that entails, a complete non starter IMO.

To be honest do you think if we did get to there at any level that we would take a massive travelling support or get one coming to us,doubtful to say the least.

The costs just to follow in Scotland are high enough,what would they be say going to London,Swansea,,Southhampton etc.

I'm not sure your right about that MacK. IIRC there were more than 10,000 in Derby for the pre-season friendly in 2014.

nJEZLDRl.jpg

HoDN1Pgl.jpg

You're probably correct about some of the long distance venues but I think we'd take thousands to Manchester, Newcastle/Sunderland, Liverpool. Worth remembering too that there is a sizeable ex-pat Scottish community in London inc many Rangers fans. I think our away support would be as big if not bigger than most.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

There is absolutley no value whatsoever in a pirate association, quite simply it would be illegal football with all that entails, a complete non starter IMO.

Perhaps there is no value in a pirate association but why do you think the SPFL was formed?

The old SPL feared a Rangers-led SFL breakaway hence the SPFL was created to takeover & close down the SFL.

Perhaps there is no value in a pirate association but why do you think the SPFL was formed?

The old SPL feared a Rangers-led SFL breakaway hence the SPFL was created to takeover & close down the SFL.

The difference there Rab is that effectively the SPFL was the entire Scottish senior football scene, without which the SFA would have ceased to exist so they had no choice but to sanction it, given that it is made up of mostly the senior Clubs in any event. A pirate league made up of one or two Clubs from different leagues is a different matter altogether.

Firstly, I would not regard the result of a debate on any Forum Board, least of all the one you mention, as being a settled decision on any football matter under SFA jurisdiction never mind FIFA or UEFA.

Theoretcially you may well be correct, in fact I wouldn't doubt it, as all football in Scotland has to be sanctioned by the SFA , but, and it's rather a big BUT I would suggest, in practice I am not sure that they would go against FIFA/UEFA or that they would succeed if they tried.

Anyway it's not going to happen because the only possible invite might be from the English non League system where some Clubs might see it as financially beneficial and let's face it we're not going to start again at the bottom, now are we?

I regarded the matter as settled because the exact rules you were saying you did not have access to right now were quoted and posted on the thread in the forum. As for going against FIFA or UEFA, the SFA are empowered via those two bodies and as I was saying earlier, it would be Rangers and any other pirate club seeking to set up a league outwith the normal set-up who would be sanctioned by the two top bodies.

One thing I do and always have agreed with is it is never going to happen. The English don't need us. They make plenty as things are right now.

I regarded the matter as settled because the exact rules you were saying you did not have access to right now were quoted and posted on the thread in the forum. As for going against FIFA or UEFA, the SFA are empowered via those two bodies and as I was saying earlier, it would be Rangers and any other pirate club seeking to set up a league outwith the normal set-up who would be sanctioned by the two top bodies.

One thing I do and always have agreed with is it is never going to happen. The English don't need us. They make plenty as things are right now.

I'll make time to check the rules Boabie but I think you've answered the point by saying, correctly, that the SFA are empowered by FIFA/UEFA so if those bodies were to sanction a move it's hard to see the SFA threatening their own existence by standing against them.

We are certainly agreed, it's not going to happen.

I'll make time to check the rules Boabie but I think you've answered the point by saying, correctly, that the SFA are empowered by FIFA/UEFA so if those bodies were to sanction a move it's hard to see the SFA threatening their own existence by standing against them.

We are certainly agreed, it's not going to happen.

The SFA are a bunch of amateur penpushers and have been since they were formed. They don't have the courage to stand up to UEFA or FIFA. Then again, given the amount of money swilling around the top leagues in Europe there is no chance of somebody like Bayern or Barcelona demanding entry into the EPL, the only scenario I could ever imagine that would force UEFA to look at this whole idea with any more than a dismissive sneer.

It's a debate that comes up online every few years. Some of the ideas pushed forward in an attempt to justify even the most brief debate are bordering on the idiotic in my humble opinion BH.