Genuine laugh-out-loud moments there, well played.

It's odd the sports that attract good writing, cricket as you mentioned, cycling and boxing also spring to mind. Perhaps because football is ubiquitous and matches take place so often that genuine thinking about it is replaced with straightforward reporting. One of the best pieces of football writing is Tony Cascarino's biography (seriously). It was written by an ex-professional cyclist interestingly enough. Very few write better on Rangers than Andy.

Anyway, loving the idea of Gersnet radio.

I'm pleasantly surprised to note that such an eminent journalist as A Steele, Esq reads any of my meanderings, let alone feels disposed to paraphrase the same in such an excellent article, or even jokingly suggest a career for me as a radio pundit.

You may be better starting your own radio station so you can talk about your favourite subject..............

6PM: Reflections on my day

8PM: My views on the issue of the day (including phone-in to discuss my views)

10PM: This day (Jan 21st) in my life 25 years ago

11PM: Late Call

;)3

...:seal:

You may be better starting your own radio station so you can talk about your favourite subject..............

;)3

11PM: Late Call Reflections of my day.:D

;)3

At last a constructive comment from you T4C; but why does programming have to start in the evening?

I'm pleasantly surprised to note that such an eminent journalist as A Steele, Esq reads any of my meanderings, let alone feels disposed to paraphrase the same in such an excellent article, or even jokingly suggest a career for me as a radio pundit. Certainly it's true that I am not normally accused of mainstream Rangers thinking but I'm not sure that that's a good qualification.

I still have a mini stero system in my kitchen that dates from the pre CD era in 1985 with a double tape deck (one for metal tapes - remember them?), graphic equaliser and volume control that I daren't play above the second notch lest I be accused of harming the protected species in the surrounding greenbelt. However, if Bellway get planning permission my new neighbours may get some rude awakenings from the likes of Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Slim Whitman, George Jones and Tammy Wynette.

I don't know if we can compete with the BBC, Sky and Rangers' own online services (Tweets?) but I do yearn for a journalist to ask searching questions, such as: why did you prefer Kiernan (or Wilson for those in that camp) to Ball today, what do you think Zelalem brings to the team/are you aware that a majority of his passes go backwards or across and that most of his forward passes go straight to the opposition, why won't you give Hardie a game ahead of a man old enough to be his father, what did you see in Oduwa, etc and not accept cliched answers such as he'll get his chance/squad rotation etc.

I have been on Rangers Chat but am wary of going back; I value my health too much.

<outraged> I'm not a journalist! Far too prolix, I can never shut up.

Graphic equalizers, the definition of redundant. Completely useless dancing lights - now you too can be Giorgio Morodor in your back bedroom!

I think you would be the Jimmy Sanderson of Gersnet Radio, BH. And given your eloquence, and your opinions, and if for no other reason than the traffic would go through the roof, you are definitely going to get a mic if this ever happens.

Genuine laugh-out-loud moments there, well played.

It's odd the sports that attract good writing, cricket as you mentioned, cycling and boxing also spring to mind. Perhaps because football is ubiquitous and matches take place so often that genuine thinking about it is replaced with straightforward reporting. One of the best pieces of football writing is Tony Cascarino's biography (seriously). It was written by an ex-professional cyclist interestingly enough. Very few write better on Rangers than Andy.

Anyway, loving the idea of Gersnet radio.

John, I could post every day on here about being a Rangers fan - I wouldn't like to talk about other teams simply because I don't know much about them, and to be honest I don't care about them at all. But The Rangers is such a...thing, such a multiple faceted thing, which means so much to so many and which means so many different things to so many. It's a never emptying well of inspiration for the pompous pensman inclined to mulling the metaphysical aspects of life. It really is the agony and the ecstasy, being a Bluenose, and it takes an act of will power not to come on here daily and ponder.

Smashing article. Well done. A photo of one of my favourite albums too.

That's not a photo, that's a playable video off Youtube and everything so you can hear Roger Waters croaking about Billy and his Radio Waves!

<outraged>

I think you would be the Jimmy Sanderson of Gersnet Radio, BH. And given your eloquence, and your opinions, and if for no other reason than the traffic would go through the roof, you are definitely going to get a mic if this ever happens.

"Were You at the Game?"

The only resemblance between me and Mr Sanderson is that we are both somewhat follicly challenged. Would that one could aspire to that kind of company, Andy.

Of course there's always, "What's your point caller", although the author of that one need not be mentioned here.

I'll need to think of one of my own; though I am bound to say that whilst the absolute numbers might not be very high the audience themselves probably would go through the roof, which is precisely why it is most unlikely to happen.