Mike Ashley fails to stop Rangers attempts to block his voting rights

Mike Ashley has failed in a court bid to block any future attempts by Rangers to prevent him from voting at general meetings.

The Ibrox club tried to put a resolution to shareholders at their annual meeting in November to prevent any shareholder with an interest in another football club from having a say.

Ashley, who is a near 9% shareholder at Rangers through MASH Holdings Limited, also holds a majority stake in Newcastle United.

The Court of Session prevented the club from putting that matter to a vote in November.

MASH Holdings then returned to the court on Wednesday seeking an order stopping Rangers from being able to raise the matter again at any future meetings.

But Lord Tyre said it would not be legally correct to allow the request to be granted, stating his decision last year only applied to the relevant AGM.

He ruled that if MASH Holdings wanted to stop such resolutions being put before shareholders, the company would have to instigate fresh legal proceedings.

MASH Holdings will only be able to instigate such an action if they receive future notice from Rangers that the matter was to be considered at a shareholder meeting.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/1340540-mike-ashley-fails-in-court-bid-to-stop-rangers-blocking-voting-rights/

While it is a win I would imagine he will take it to court before every AGM and as he won the last time he will probably win again. Not a great situation for us either. I may be wrong as I am no legal expert.

I'm afraid this is a pissing contest between Ashley & King. Problem is Ashley has more in his bladder & has a bigger member :-(

Spot on & if King is seen as a liability then he should consider his position as chairman. We can't afford these continual legal battles with Ashley & if King's removal stops them so be it.

Spot on & if King is seen as a liability then he should consider his position as chairman. We can't afford these continual legal battles with Ashley & if King's removal stops them so be it.

If Mr King had let Ashley run riot with his lawyers, you would be one of the first to criticise him. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.