Sons of Struth publishes Irvine email

??? How's this:

While undoubtedly, we have been subject to gross mismanagement by individuals who have displayed a lack of care & duty towards our club & have put themselves & their own interests at the forefront of their decisions & dealings, I feel Mr McColl (nice guy as he is & a blue nose) has been waiting in the wings for many years normally talking a good game but not usually doing very much while criticising others. Mr Dingwall on the other hand has been in my opinion a rabble rouser who has been shit stirring for some considerable time & falls into the category of those who have been interested only in their own agenda & has profited from our misfortune.

Any better?

I think the first part is fine but the second unsubstantiated so hardly constructive and generally unhelpful mud-slinging really.

MD runs a forum with advertising to cover the costs of his hosts but I can't see where he profits from our misfortune? You could also argue if it wasn't for some 'rabble-rousers' we'd be in a worse position right now given the first part of your post.

It seems to me some folk have an unhealthy obsession with the part MD plays in supporter politics. I'm not overly fond of him myself from time to time but we have much bigger problems to address than he.

Edited by Frankie

I agree but I'm entitled to my opinion about him & if you don't think he has made a right good few quid outwith advertising revenue then fine, bury your head in the sand. He has been wrong on most of the shit he has peddled over the years & has never spoke for me or imo a majority of the fans. I don't see him as a club celebrity, or anything, in fact I think he is an agitator.

Problem with opinions is they are not always the same as your own, that's what debate is all about. I never said anything that bad, I just made it clear I have no regard for him at all

I agree but I'm entitled to my opinion about him & if you don't think he has made a right good few quid outwith advertising revenue then fine, bury your head in the sand. He has been wrong on most of the shit he has peddled over the years & has never spoke for me or imo a majority of the fans. I don't see him as a club celebrity, or anything, in fact I think he is an agitator.

Problem with opinions is they are not always the same as your own, that's what debate is all about. I never said anything that bad, I just made it clear I have no regard for him at all

Why are you even talking about MD? He may not universally loved but who actually gives a fuck? The thread was about what that poisonous wee gobshyte Irvine and that should surely be the focus of the thread.

If you read my post I copied in someone else commenting on the content of the email, which is what I did also. I believe I called Irvine a rat, not good enough?

I then only replied to someone taking issue with me on my comment. Fair game, I'm not going to get all hormonal if someone says something I don't agree with, but I will try to back up what I say, that's all

It is time to move on but we should never forget how easily our club turned on its fans ahead of people like Irvine and the Easdales amongst others.

Jim McColl may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'd trust him and John Greig over any of the people above.

Irvine, Easdale etc were the club though, no? Who do you mean exactly? A huge element of our support acted incredibly stupid for years in this fiasco, it was quite tragic to watch and in many ways they only had themselves to blame. I say 'they' because it's not something I and indeed the vast majority of Gersnet ever took part in, and we were quite capable of seeing what was startlingly obvious from day 1.

Irvine, Easdale etc were the club though, no? Who do you mean exactly? A huge element of our support acted incredibly stupid for years in this fiasco, it was quite tragic to watch and in many ways they only had themselves to blame. I say 'they' because it's not something I and indeed the vast majority of Gersnet ever took part in, and we were quite capable of seeing what was startlingly obvious from day 1.

Perhaps I didn't word that post all that clearly but that was my point: i.e. the club turned on its fans because of the people running it.

I find it difficult to be overly critical of our fans. Most folk just want to watch the fitba and we never ever got told the full story so you can only make judgments on part info. Did we make mistakes? Yes but I think time will tell there are bigger fish to fry than the likes of MD.

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion - I merely asked you to keep your criticism constructive and, preferably, based on facts.

You've no proof he's made any money and I find such allegations pointless. I've also disagreed with MD plenty times over the years but I'd be sensible enough to acknowledge he's a clever guy who has helped deliver the club to a better place for now. We won't ever be bosom buddies but I'd rather concentrate on the people who really matter rather than one person.

Why are you even talking about MD? He may not universally loved but who actually gives a fuck? The thread was about what that poisonous wee gobshyte Irvine and that should surely be the focus of the thread.

You'd almost think................#Deflect

---------------------------------------------------------------

Re. e-mail

It's first rate ironic comedy when speaking to that particular list of 'characters'/recipients........Jack Irvine allegedly calls McColl "disingenuous and oily".

It's like Hitler addressing senior figures in the Gestapo, telling them that Churchill is brutal.

------------------------------

At this date Irvine was in full 'crisis management' mode (a time when a poster called 'Applepine' emerged on FF who was almost certainly Irvine or under his instruction). Looking at the list of recipients, I'm sure the 'Easdale Shareholder Block' and allies would have at that juncture....given Irvine almost CEO like authority on relevant matters (retaining executive control).

Think about Sandy Easdale, shareholder and apparent conduit from shareholder block of the 'mysterious' to RIFC............... and the continued role of Irvine as 'family spokesman'.

-------------------------------

I look at the last paragraph in the alleged e-mail and wonder about the timing of Stockbridge at his coffee bar meeting and ensuing controversy involving Mark being made very public in the weeks leading up to the AGM.

Edited by buster.

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion - I merely asked you to keep your criticism constructive and, preferably, based on facts.

You've no proof he's made any money and I find such allegations pointless. I've also disagreed with MD plenty times over the years but I'd be sensible enough to acknowledge he's a clever guy who has helped deliver the club to a better place for now. We won't ever be bosom buddies but I'd rather concentrate on the people who really matter rather than one person.

How do you know what proof I have? I never went on a rant about him or anything I just called him a lizard. Anything after that was replying to you bringing him up. Delivered us to a better place? WTF planet is that on, I must have missed that one. Clever at what? He was the biggest Murray hater in Ibrox, backed Whyte & Green as if they were King Billy riding to our rescue. Better place? Come up for air.

Ridding our club of the influence of shit peddlers is constructive, Fact.