Crowd for Saturday v Kilmarnock

I'm baffled by the lack of interest for this game. It's a Saturday isn't it? We moan when they switch a game to mid week saying it's hard to travel but if it was hibs ibrox would be sold out. So get your bums on your seat and support our hero's....

Spot on Bruno! I just don't get that 45K can turn up for a league game but only 20-25K bother with a cup tie against a much better side that should be a much better game. I don't buy this scheduling nonsense, if we were playing Killie in the league at the same time live on to on Saturday the crowd would be 40-45K. We clearly have around 20K fans who believe their ST money is all they want to spend on our club. However if we had drawn the bheasts and the game was scheduled for the same day/time, it would be crammed full, so does that mean our fickle fans are only drawn to certain opponents and if so, why? As a Rangers supporter it matters not a jot who we are playing, it is OUR side I go to see, not the opponent. I have been to many games over the years where I can't remember who we are playing as I go through the turnstiles!

Spot on Bruno! I just don't get that 45K can turn up for a league game but only 20-25K bother with a cup tie against a much better side that should be a much better game. I don't buy this scheduling nonsense, if we were playing Killie in the league at the same time live on to on Saturday the crowd would be 40-45K. We clearly have around 20K fans who believe their ST money is all they want to spend on our club. However if we had drawn the bheasts and the game was scheduled for the same day/time, it would be crammed full, so does that mean our fickle fans are only drawn to certain opponents and if so, why? As a Rangers supporter it matters not a jot who we are playing, it is OUR side I go to see, not the opponent. I have been to many games over the years where I can't remember who we are playing as I go through the turnstiles!

Doesn't our club get money for cup games at ibrox? These are the games we should be flocking to so the club has extra revenue...

I think once you've budgeted for a season ticket and the other expenses of the league games then it's hard to start justifying more money for cup games (moreso to the wives when you have kids), especially when these days, they are not that enticing. The SP is a one horse race and so not an interesting league for most of us, and the lower divisions just means more games against teams we've now seen plenty of.

Of course there are some who spend vast sums folling the club to every game and they will obviously be there, as will others - it looks like about every second regular will attend.

Some will just pick and choose which cup games to go to depending on their circumstances and "botheredness".

If there were no season tickets and it was all pay as you go, I think we'd just see a more even spread, enhanced with things like Saturday at 3pm, no TV and the weather, being as important as the attractiveness of the opposition.

Edited by calscot

I think once you've budgeted for a season ticket and the other expenses of the league games then it's hard to start justifying more money for cup games (moreso to the wives when you have kids), especially when these days, they are not that enticing. The SP is a one horse race and so not an interesting league for most of us, and the lower divisions just means more games against teams we've now seen plenty of.

Of course there are some who spend vast sums folling the club to every game and they will obviously be there, as will others - it looks like about every second regular will attend.

Some will just pick and choose which cup games to go to depending on their circumstances and "botheredness".

If there were no season tickets and it was all pay as you go, I think we'd just see a more even spread, enhanced with things like Saturday at 3pm, no TV and the weather, being as important as the attractiveness of the opposition.

When i was young Cal i used to go to peoples houses and ask for ginger bottles to take back to the shops for my money for the games at ibrox. My elderly neighbours would say, the gers must be at home this week wee jimmys at the door lol...

Despite being a season ticket holder, I simply don't have the extra money to go to Cup games. I'd imagine that's the same for many more bears.

I'd imagine this is the case for a lot of people especially those who are travelling a distance to get to Ibrox.

TBH I think we should be proud of the crowds we attract not many teams can match us.

Well done Bruno unfortunately for kids nowadays looks like no longer possible Barrs having stopped deposit & refund bottles.

Ref costs of going to cup games I registered on continuous credit for all home non league games to guarantee semi final and finals tickets although costs can be oppressive.

OAP pension helps a little.

Are we seriously suggesting 20K fans can't afford a £20 cup ticket but they can afford a season ticket, a few beers at each league game etc?

So how come if we had drawn the bheasts at Ibrox on Saturday and charged £30 a pop, it would have sold out in minutes? How do those people find the money for that but not to watch us play Killie?

The simple fact is there is about half of our regular fan base who can't be arsed going and supporting the club when our income streams are down due to Ashley etc and we need it most. I'm certainly not getting at anyone in particular here, I respect supporters right to pick and choose their games, but it baffles and saddens me in equal measures the size of the cup crowds this season at Ibrox. The very same guys will be chasing for a cup final ticket if we make it (however unlikely that is).

When i was young Cal i used to go to peoples houses and ask for ginger bottles to take back to the shops for my money for the games at ibrox. My elderly neighbours would say, the gers must be at home this week wee jimmys at the door lol...

I remember lads asking for a' lift o'er mister', many bigger than myself.

Wisnae you Bruno??????