Chairman’s Update To Supporters

Why would there be any secrecy about those who are involved in the talks?

Why would it matter who the individuals are when I've told you what groups are involved? You have named people from some organisations and not others. Why is that?

Why would it matter who the individuals are when I've told you what groups are involved? You have named people from some organisations and not others. Why is that?

I have named all the people who I have been told are involved.

I am not involved and I don't know if the information I have been given is correct nor do I know any other names.

It would appear from your other posts on this subject that are directly involved, so you would know who else is involved.

I would think the biggest concern would be the involvement of the Club in what is supposed to be an independent Fans' Board, which is exactly what happened last time.

Not too much up on this but did not former "owners" try to grab money from the supporters groups whereas current chiefs are trying to work hand in hand by combining groups with a view to place at table on offer.Surely a step in right direction if groups could agree.

I would think the biggest concern would be the involvement of the Club in what is supposed to be an independent Fans' Board, which is exactly what happened last time.

If a new unified fans' group is going to work reasonably closely with the Club, then it would seem very prudent for that relationship to begin at the outset so that solid foundations and clear lines of communication are built and developed from square one.

If a new unified fans' group is going to work reasonably closely with the Club, then it would seem very prudent for that relationship to begin at the outset so that solid foundations and clear lines of communication are built and developed from square one.

That's more or less exactly what was said about the Rangers Fans' Board.

I have named all the people who I have been told are involved.

I am not involved and I don't know if the information I have been given is correct nor do I know any other names.

It would appear from your other posts on this subject that are directly involved, so you would know who else is involved.

I find it strange that you know all the names of the people from the RST and not the names of those from an organisation you are a member of. Why don't you raise any concerns with them?

Presumably the boards of each of the organisations will send reps from the boards along to the meetings, and presumably these reps may change from meeting to meeting.

Given the history of fan conflict, it seems that there is a fair amount of confidentiality at this point, which is fair enough. We just need to know the final outcome and not the minutiae of negotiations and who attended what meetings.

If there's one thing that's annoyed me over the last 15 years or so it's when folk's noses get put out of joint because they weren't at some meeting or a full report wasn't given. Sure we'd all like to have every detail of every subject but business doesn't work like that and you either trust the people involved to act properly or get active yourself.

I don't know who's involved this time but I'm not overly fussy and I won't form an opinion until the final proposal is presented anyway.

In any case, even if the final one-group proposal appears perfect, we can be damn sure an alternative group will again spring up quicker than you can say Monty Python.

Presumably the boards of each of the organisations will send reps from the boards along to the meetings, and presumably these reps may change from meeting to meeting.

Given the history of fan conflict, it seems that there is a fair amount of confidentiality at this point, which is fair enough. We just need to know the final outcome and not the minutiae of negotiations and who attended what meetings.

Agreed, I think any reasonable, thinking person that prioritises the collective need of fans and club moving forward will recognise this.

Edited by buster.