Rangers First board candidates

Just about all you can say with any certainty, nearly 20 pages in, is that social media is not the appropriate forum for elections.

The lack of censorship allows any and all statements to be made - and once they're made, it's too late to unmake them - the anonymity most of us use allows bolder accusations to be lobbed in; on Twitter, the limited space makes explanations impossible but accusations easy; and on places like this, the strange relationships which build up, where people kind of think they know people but maybe don't really, can lead to suspicion or collusion and all points in between.

Old school meetings, chaired and kept in order, may result in a lower participation from members but if the alternative is a head long charge toward a fight in the playground every time a vote comes up, I'd sooner have that.

It's a fair point actually. I doubt many people would make the same allegations in person in a town hall meeting than they would online. Perhaps there's as many problems with that as there is removing it though.

PS: The chap below posted on my article on the main site which is worthy of your attention:

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/578-round-and-round-the-garden-supporters-representation-games-continue

I am Graeme Henderson, a RF board applicant. You have asked for clarity with regard to possible fan group consolidation, which I am happy to provide.

The RF members asked the current board to continue dialogue with other groups, which is what they should continue to do. The outcome of this dialogue should hopefully be a proposal for the members to vote upon.

If I was a member of the incoming board, I would use my skills and do my utmost to get a proposal for collaboration which still matches the objectives of RF. If I unfortunately failed to get this then I would need to walk away, with the members being informed of the reasons. If I could achieve this, the proposal would then be put to the members to vote upon. At that stage the members would need to be given all the information available, all the time they require and a forum to discuss and ask questions. It would be a very important decision.

As you say, generally consolidation would be good, however RF must stay true to its stated objectives. I have some knowledge of CICs and for legal reasons I don’t think there could be any form of a ‘merger’. There could potentially be strong collaboration between different groups with a common board for operational purposes, with no decision making influence the RF Board.

I hope this helps.

Graeme

Will Gersnet be voting in this?

Yeah, I assume so. We're discussing the best way to allow those who contributed to do so.

Good news is I'm going away on holiday early tomorrow for ten days so will have to leave it in the hands of my admin team peers. :whistle:

Yeah, I assume so. We're discussing the best way to allow those who contributed to do so.

Good news is I'm going away on holiday early tomorrow for ten days so will have to leave it in the hands of my admin team peers. :whistle:

I hope you have as good a holiday as I just had Frankie.

Just about all you can say with any certainty, nearly 20 pages in, is that social media is not the appropriate forum for elections.

The lack of censorship allows any and all statements to be made - and once they're made, it's too late to unmake them - the anonymity most of us use allows bolder accusations to be lobbed in; on Twitter, the limited space makes explanations impossible but accusations easy; and on places like this, the strange relationships which build up, where people kind of think they know people but maybe don't really, can lead to suspicion or collusion and all points in between.

Old school meetings, chaired and kept in order, may result in a lower participation from members but if the alternative is a head long charge toward a fight in the playground every time a vote comes up, I'd sooner have that.

I don't agree

Forums just like this one are absolutely VITAL for discussion of what is happening at and around the club - we don't have press we can trust - without these fora we'd probably be finished as a club.

This site for example is moderated - anyone can ask a reasonable question and someone can give an answer.

Although I would love to see a single unified fans representative body, the reality is that egos, personal agendas and different objectives are likely to prevent that from happening. However, if the RST and RF could vote as a block, this would give the supporters over 6% of the company. If you will recall, Sandy Easdale was able to exercise enormous influence over the company (and therefore club) by utilising his proxies, despite having a very small ....... personal shareholding.