WATP Is The New BHEAST Target

This has been debated about a dozen times over on FF as well. The first time I heard it was on an old Rangers Songs cassette, ere I heard it from the crowds in the mid 1990s.

There was a version out in the early 60's which had the crowd cheering our goals our goals against Dundee in the cup final in the background when the line "A goal a goal" was sang..

there were 2 singles of FF in the early 60's. One was by Buddy Logan (brother of Jimmy) a whose FF "A" side had the sash in it so wasn't played on the wireless, and the other was by a plummy voiced tenor in a kilt, The "B" side of Buddy Logan's was a song called "Play the game" and the plummy tenor's "B" side was ..."A Goal, a goal" to the tune of TBB. However "We are the People" was commonly used in the late 50's when I started following Rangers. I knew it before I even went to my first game

Genuine question, have you actually read much of the bible? I recommend it, it's a huge eye opener. The biggest question you ask yourself incredulously is, "Have many people actually read much of this?" I very much doubt it's many - it's not what they teach in Sunday school... The whole thing must be some huge, and very difficult metaphor.

I'm not going to say anything for or against it, it is what it is. But I think most people should read it and then make up their own mind...

Sorry if this sounds off topic, but my point is that I'm not very comfortable with defending Rangers chants by using quotes from the bible - it's a bit of a minefield.

Which is why there is always such argument surrounding it. It absolutely permeates English lit and Bob Dylan; it should be compulsory reading then folk can make up their own mind about the ambiguities and enigmas, but there's no denying it's a great work of literature.

You are remiss on their favoured song. It begins, 'Hail hail', surely a fascist greeting?

More importantly, they sing loudest in the same ditty, 'we don't care what the animals say'?

Who are the animals?

See being atop of the moral high ground on demonisation and marginalisation!

If there's anyway of doing it, the quote re "this is fascist talk" should be bounced back to the originator with the list of the ways they constantly dehumanise us. There's loads of examples "animals" "monkeys" "zombies" etc. He is right it is fascist talk but it is them who use it.

Which is why there is always such argument surrounding it. It absolutely permeates English lit and Bob Dylan; it should be compulsory reading then folk can make up their own mind about the ambiguities and enigmas, but there's no denying it's a great work of literature.

I really get the impression you haven't read much of it. Very few do, even though it's a massive best seller. Maybe the greatest work never read? I think the main excuse is that everyone thinks of the King James Bilble but it's written in old English and hard to read. There's plenty of modern translations to choose from now that are quite readable, and free on the web, so not much excuse.

From my own experience of reading a lot of it, the kindest thing I can say about it is that it's a bit bonkers but can be hilarious in its absurdity which helps you keep page turning. Try Genisis 19, it's a cracker. Maybe you can get the metaphor better than me... let me know what the moral of the story is.

If you can't be bothered reading it, here's a pretty accurate and entertaining cartoon version:

I really get the impression you haven't read much of it. Very few do, even though it's a massive best seller. Maybe the greatest work never read? I think the main excuse is that everyone thinks of the King James Bilble but it's written in old English and hard to read. There's plenty of modern translations to choose from now that are quite readable, and free on the web, so not much excuse.

From my own experience of reading a lot of it, the kindest thing I can say about it is that it's a bit bonkers but can be hilarious in its absurdity which helps you keep page turning. Try Genisis 19, it's a cracker. Maybe you can get the metaphor better than me... let me know what the moral of the story is.

If you can't be bothered reading it, here's a pretty accurate and entertaining cartoon version:

I liked the bit where Lot offered his daughter to the horny men of the village to be raped instead of the male fugitive he had in his house. Oh how we laughed.

I liked the bit where Lot offered his daughter to the horny men of the village to be raped instead of the male fugitive he had in his house. Oh how we laughed.

It was two, male angels every man in the city demanded to have sex with, but Lot said that they were his guests and he had to protect them, so kindly offered his two daughters instead, to do anything they like with. But then later, the two daughters colluded to get their father drunk two nights in a row, for each of them to have sex with him to get pregnant. That for me was the kicker... If you're wondering where their mother was, God killed her by changing her into a pillar of salt for the crime of glancing back at her home city (when told not to), which God was busily destroying with burning sulphur, in order to kill everyone for their wickedness (including the women, children and babies).

Strangely enough, it was Gersnet that prompted me to start reading the bible last year - someone used the word, "onanism", and I had to look it up - and to understand the meaning, I had to look up the story of Onan in the bible - Genesis 38. The story was so bizarre, that I became fascinated and read the whole of the book of Genesis, and then a whole load of other books after that.

But maybe this is for the Bluenose Lounge...

It was two, male angels every man in the city demanded to have sex with, but Lot said that they were his guests and he had to protect them, so kindly offered his two daughters instead, to do anything they like with. But then later, the two daughters colluded to get their father drunk two nights in a row, for each of them to have sex with him to get pregnant. That for me was the kicker... If you're wondering where their mother was, God killed her by changing her into a pillar of salt for the crime of glancing back at her home city (when told not to), which God was busily destroying with burning sulphur, in order to kill everyone for their wickedness (including the women, children and babies).

Strangely enough, it was Gersnet that prompted me to start reading the bible last year - someone used the word, "onanism", and I had to look it up - and to understand the meaning, I had to look up the story of Onan in the bible - Genesis 38. The story was so bizarre, that I became fascinated and read the whole of the book of Genesis, and then a whole load of other books after that.

But maybe this is for the Bluenose Lounge...

Ahhh FFS Cal, now I am going to have to dig out my bible and start reading it... I was going to start with bible light (as I like to call the Book of Mormon - we have friends from Utah who gave us a copy and I promised to read it).