Scottish journalists: Up your game...!

I think what the next step has to be is engagement by clubs, players and officials, with the best kind of online platform. This very board, nurtured over 15 years by people plainly dedicated to keeping it well above the level of the papers and broadcasters, would be an ideal candidate. Getting the clubs to agree, though, I think that'd be hard.

Haha - I appreciate the kind words but those days are a long way off.

Scottish football is essentially a 'low-quality' enviroment.

The vast majority of the surrounding media fit in nicely with and only help preserve that level.

They aren't going to enjoy the way MW brushes them off and will look for any opportunity to have a go back.

That is we are told 'the way it works', if a manager gives them stories they'll give him a better press.

What they did find leading up to the January transfer window, during it and now occasionally still going on about it was a disproportionate and relentless theme being covered on DK/30M/5 players/MW let down?, etc.

I didn't see anyone doing the work and going into the actual details so as to help put a lid on the understanding of some of the issues.

Instead it was just a superficial rant saying the same thing as another so called journalist had said the day before.

Bottomline is that 90% of the Scottish footballing media isn't worth consuming.