The Founders Trail and Parks of Hamilton.

When the Founders Trail was established back in 2009 we decided that hiring one of the the City Sightseeing Open Top bus for the Tours would be a novelty and a natural way to take our story around the streets of Glasgow.

This was a relationship that has served both us and and the Bus Company well over the last seven years.

The attraction for us was the capacity of the bus which has 76 seats.

Unfortunately due to a reduction in their fleet size the City Sightseeing Company struggled last summer to cover our ever increasing number of Tours.

I spoke with them again in December of last year and wasn't surprised to hear that they couldn't give us a guarantee to cover the Founders Trail during the ''peak months'' of 2016.

With this is mind i met with Rangers Director Graham Park at Ibrox in January and he confirmed that Parks of Hamilton has a 70 seat coach which they would be delighted to hire out for the Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tours.

This will be in operation from our next Tour on Sunday 13th March

Myself and my colleague Gordon have been to see the Coach which will more than meet our requirements going forward.

2585x8k.jpg

We will as we have done with any person who is disabled chat to them and their travelling companion about the Founders Trail route and any potential difficulties.

We haven't, as yet, left anyone behind.

Personally it would entail being manhandled on and off a bus multiple times not an enjoyable experience for either myself or those who have to do the lifting.

I've wanted to do the trail for a long time and noticed that some of the open topped buses you were using were accessible however I've not been able coordinate a stay in Glasgow with a tour date.

Don't take this as a criticism of the good work you as a group do as it's not directed as such.

Personally it would entail being manhandled on and off a bus multiple times not an enjoyable experience for either myself or those who have to do the lifting.

I've wanted to do the trail for a long time and noticed that some of the open topped buses you were using were accessible however I've not been able coordinate a stay in Glasgow with a tour date.

Don't take this as a criticism of the good work you as a group do as it's not directed as such.

How many stops do you now have on the tour? Wee while since I last did it, can only remember two: Partick & Kining Park.

Parks have coaches of a smaller capacity that are wheelchair friendly.

We will look at using one of these for one of the Tours later in the year.