Expect nothing less from a Sheep Shagger

Excuse me saying this, but this isn't a domestic club issue - this is a 'national' and racist issue. These 2 people were attacked because they were wearing England tops - simple as that.

Cammy F

Excuse me saying this, but this isn't a domestic club issue - this is a 'national' and racist issue. These 2 people were attacked because they were wearing England tops - simple as that.

Cammy F

Agreed Cammy, my point being that no-one should jump to blame a CLUB on an idiot's actions.

I don't happen to think it is a "national" issue though - I think it is a moronic action by an individual.

Calling it a national issue suggests the nation has a problem which I think is an unfair general assumption.

Racist ? Absolutely - but it is an INDIVIDUAL that carries out the action.

Apologies, I meant to type 'nationalistic' issue - as in the attack was due to the nationality (or perceived on the 2nd case) of the victim.

I know that these are isolated incidents, but it is worth remembering that a youth has just been charged with racial (anti-English) attacks on Lothian Council buildings and a few years back, a 15 year old English lad was murdered in Edinburgh due to his nationality.

It is also worth remembering that racist crimes in Scotland are growing 11% per year and wonder round most towns and villages in Scotland and you will encounter racist slogans on walls, bus shelters, shops, shutters etc.

In fact, where I stay, the local shop has some nice new graffitti on it - 'Pakis Out', 'NF', 'BNP' and ironically 'Scotland For The Scots'.

Cammy F

Aww please don't let this thread go the same way as the other anti English/Scottish threads. :confused:

I don't think it will - all the thread has done is highlight 2 vile racist attacks that occured in Scotland.

Cammy F

I don't think it will - all the thread has done is highlight 2 vile racist attacks that occured in Scotland.

Cammy F

Correct Cammy. This is a different issue to some extent from the issue seen on the other threads.

These are racist hate crimes, the other ones were more to do with football than these are.

These acts are simply despicable acts by individuals who have no sense of humanity towards their fellow people !

Unbelievable acts - I am STILL shaking my head how a grown man can punch a 7 year old - I just can't fathom it !!

Unfortunately, my friends, this is the price we have to pay to have football in our lives.

There are some really sick morons out there, and something as 'controversial' as football causes incendiary incidents like this.

It's absolutely repugnant and beyond condemnation, hitting a 7 year old kid, of course it is, and I would never condone it, but behaviour like this is inevitable in a country as football crazy as ours.

We get similar violence between the OF - the Scottish English hatred is a parable.

It's such a sad state of affairs. I never wear my Rangers jersey outside except when going to a game, and even then, it would never come out till I was among my fellow supporters.

Wearing an England jersey in Scotland is like wearing a Rangers jersey in Parkhead, and you will always get inbreds who want to hurt you.

Mr brother-in-law is English, he moved up here about 6 years ago to study at uni and he constantly gets verbal abuse in Edinburgh when he wears his England top to the pub to watch games. Maybe a tad stupid on his part but he's just showing his support to his home nation.

He still gets (friendly) pelters off me for being English and he knows I want England to fail at the WC just like he'd want Scotland to fail if we were there. He gives as good as he gets though, he wears his England top with 66 on the back to wind up my dad - his father-in-law.

We have a laugh about it, it's just a pity others can't.

Unfortunately, my friends, this is the price we have to pay to have football in our lives.

Unfortunately Danny, I don't think this has anything to do with football. These people were attacked due to their nationality (and perceived nationality). Would they have been attacked if they were wearing any other top? I don't think so.

These were racist attacks on a 7 year old and a disabled person. Only the lowest of the low could have perpitrated these vile, racist attacks. Fookin scumbags that they are.

EDIT - just thought that I would post that the BBC are reporting that the 7 year old lad and his Dad were attacked by a guy in a Rangers jersey - you ain't no Rangers fan in my book.

Cammy F