Expect nothing less from a Sheep Shagger

Sounds to me that instead of being racist the guy uses football rivalry as an excuse to vent his need for violence. He probably attacks people who support a different league team to him as well.

Sorry, can't agree with that - and if you read the initial post, the Police are treating this as a RACIST and a football related attack.

I quote - Mr Smith said: "He was a psychopath, it was a totally unprovoked racist attack because I was wearing an England top and displaying an England flag."

Cammy F

Mr brother-in-law is English, he moved up here about 6 years ago to study at uni and he constantly gets verbal abuse in Edinburgh when he wears his England top to the pub to watch games. Maybe a tad stupid on his part but he's just showing his support to his home nation.

Not saying this is right but it's not peculiar to Scotland. I've had verbal abuse for wearing a Scotland top to rugby matches shown in pubs and rugby fans seem a lot more civilised than their football counterparts.

In fact I get verbal abuse quite often for being Scottish in general and more so lately as I won't support England, but I take it as banter and laugh it off.

I also got dogs abuse for painting German flags on my face a few years ago for an England v Germany game. They all thought I was German so was this racism too?

I'm sure you'll get a load of abuse for wearing Dundee top to a pub full of Utd fans.

It's pretty par for the course for football fans anywhere.

But there is a massive difference between verbal abuse and being attacked. The former is pretty debatable but the latter is despicable.

Sorry, can't agree with that - and if you read the initial post, the Police are treating this as a RACIST and a football related attack.

I quote - Mr Smith said: "He was a psychopath, it was a totally unprovoked racist attack because I was wearing an England top and displaying an England flag."

Cammy F

I would say it depends whether the guy attacks English people in general or just those with the football tops on...

Just because it's one Scotland, many cultures, does that mean we have to support all teams from countries of people in Scotland? Sorry I don't understand your comment.

What? sorry dont understand why you have quoted me.

But to entertain you i will answer you and put it in simple terms shall i?

Anyway if you had bothered to look through the full thread then you would have seen that i was going to buy my son an England top but after hearing of these attacks then i dont think i shall bother. My son is also a fan of Brazil but don't think it has anything to do with anyone in the team being/playing in Scotland.

I personally enjoy watching most of the games in the wc and really don't have a preference to which team wins it tbh. I support Rangers and thats it for me. It was Mr McConnell himself that says he won't be supporting England in the wc not me

Well the report on Scotland Today gave me a better picture of the facts.

A wee English kid who was jogging was attacked by some guy in his 20s wearing a Rangers jersey simply it seems for wearing an England top.

And in a seperate incident, a disabled taxi driver was dragged from his cab by some perp, maybe the same guy, and also beaten.

Both are absolutely abhorent and I can't quite formulate the words to express how repugnant this behaviour is.

Good on the wee kid and the cabbie for continuing to wear their jerseys - there are some right morons out there, and such morons prevent me from wearing MY Rangers jersey in public.

Well the report on Scotland Today gave me a better picture of the facts.

A wee English kid who was jogging was attacked by some guy in his 20s wearing a Rangers jersey simply it seems for wearing an England top.

And in a seperate incident, a disabled taxi driver was dragged from his cab by some perp, maybe the same guy, and also beaten.

Both are absolutely abhorent and I can't quite formulate the words to express how repugnant this behaviour is.

Good on the wee kid and the cabbie for continuing to wear their jerseys - there are some right morons out there, and such morons prevent me from wearing MY Rangers jersey in public.

Actually Danny, the kid was from New Zealand... not that that makes a blind bit of difference....

IMO, Rangers should invite this wee lad thro to Ibrox for the first home game of the season to show him what the 'real Rangers' fans are like.

Cammy F

Maybe I am wrong but I also thought that one of the incidents was in Edinburgh (the child) and one was in Aberdeen (the disabled guy) - which would make it unlikely it was the same person.

Could be wrong though

IMO, Rangers should invite this wee lad thro to Ibrox for the first home game of the season to show him what the 'real Rangers' fans are like.

Cammy F

EXCELLENT idea Cammy... perhaps send Gers PR dept an email (do we even HAVE a PR department ?) - I always thought you would make a great Gers PR employee......

Maybe I am wrong but I also thought that one of the incidents was in Edinburgh (the child) and one was in Aberdeen (the disabled guy) - which would make it unlikely it was the same person.

Could be wrong though

You are correct craig - the incident in Aberdeen the police are looking for a men in his 40's, well built and wearing a donkey jacket....

Seperate incidents and unrelated, well apart from them being racist attacks.

Cammy F

EXCELLENT idea Cammy... perhaps send Gers PR dept an email (do we even HAVE a PR department ?) - I always thought you would make a great Gers PR employee......

I will drop them an email - as for making a grat Gers employee, thanks for the compliment, but Mr Bain doesn't employ Rangers fans...... he stated as much at a recent AGM....

Cammy F