[FT] Rangers 4 (Forrester 1; Holt 47; Halliday 54; Wallace 83) - 0 Dundee

willie hill was giving 40/1 for four nil hope some of the fans filled their boots .

I had a huge grin on my face this afternoon when I thought about all the skidmarks on their Kerrydale forum throwing money away backing Dundee this morning. :rfcbouncy:

Why was Forrester booked?

Was it for scoring for Rangers and then smiling?

Actually was he really booked? Crocker said so but there's no mention on text commentaries.

He ran all the way behind the goal and to the crowd in front of the UB's and the stewards had to hold some fans back.

He ran all the way behind the goal and to the crowd in front of the UB's and the stewards had to hold some fans back.

in the short replays he never crosses the hoardings, as far as i am aware thats not a bookable offence if he doesnt cross the hoardings

have you seen the nick of harkins

looks like a sunday league player physically

I can't believe he gets paid as a professional football player,he can hardly move!,even I would out sprint him!

in the short replays he never crosses the hoardings, as far as i am aware thats not a bookable offence if he doesnt cross the hoardings

I think that broadly speaking you're correct although he doesn't actually have to cross the hoardings to be cautioned. This is the FIFA Guidance;

Celebration of a goal

While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been

scored, the celebration must not be excessive.

Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed

celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive time-wasting

and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player must be cautioned if:

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative,

derisory or inflammatory

• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored

• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt

• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself

but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon as possible.Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common

sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal.

You could argue that a lot of the celebration had to do with his momentum but he is open to a caution in terms of the phrases that I have emboldened above and I think the referee may have felt obliged to caution as the stewards had to intervene.

A bit harsh perhaps as he was overwhelmed by Rangers players and got free as soon as he could.