Jump to content

 

 

Club1872 proposal (i.e. fan group amalgamation) now published


Recommended Posts

Cheers Greg , it's a tough ask for some to trust this going forward. RM is mental. As was Twitter last night . When you asked yesterday about what I thought about the dual life memberships , the reason I didn't answer was because it would have come across as being selfish and its not that at all , I just wanted it discussed and some decision made . I don't agree with Chris,s point as you can be a member of the RST and not contribute to buyrangers. You can't do that with RF so they are completely different as you know

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Greg , it's a tough ask for some to trust this going forward. RM is mental. As was Twitter last night . When you asked yesterday about what I thought about the dual life memberships , the reason I didn't answer was because it would have come across as being selfish and its not that at all , I just wanted it discussed and some decision made . I don't agree with Chris,s point as you can be a member of the RST and not contribute to buyrangers. You can't do that with RF so they are completely different as you know

 

Aye I do get that there could maybe be something done - my first instinct is to allow the transfer one life membership to a family member or friend so that the vote still exists but thats just a very on the face of it thought - I think it does deserve a discussion but until the membership lists are allowed to be looked at together I'm not sure how many it effects.

 

I think Chris' point was valid that the your life membership still allows a vote in the org and that your money went to its stated goal but I understand that we maybe need to look at something a bit more - what that is I'm not too sure but one thing about our support is that someone will have a good idea somewhere :)

 

And yes RM is mental - I do enjoy it at times but a few of the new members are I think only there as their accounts on twitter got suspended... But there are many good bears on there too and its my go to place for an argument, I mean debate :)

 

And twitter is what it is - block the abusive and try and talk to the rest - though its been properly time consuming!

Edited by WATP_Greg
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had just finished writing this on RM in answer to a question over there and was just in the process of copying onto here Frankie lol , these are my own notes so apologies to anyone if any point was incorrect , there was another gersnetter in attendance stuarta i believe again appologies stuart if I got your username wrong .

 

 

Very decent meeting yesterday , all questions that were asked were fully answered , to the satisfaction of those who asked them , they may not agree with some of the answers given , but none were dodged imho.

 

Some of the questions .

 

 

 

Who came up with the idea of merging the various groups .....Answer was that it came from the meetings the club had with the groups , it was mentioned several times that there were too many factions , hence a working group was set up .

 

Who was invited onto this working group....answer Any group that had a properly set up organisation with an elected committee (there was more to it than this Greg maybe better fully answering this point )but you get my jist

 

What is happening to those that have dual life memberships in both RF and the RST .....answer was it hadn't been fully thought out as until the new organisation is up and running or rather if the new org gets the go ahead then the records of membership of both schemes cannot be compared ,several opinions were given but until the working group get the figures on how many people this affects its pointless speculating.

 

Why the rush ....answer was the working groups had been working on this for over 8 months , emails went out to all relevant groups over 4 months ago with the draft proposals and the vast % , over 96% were in favour of further talks

 

 

 

What would happen to RST members who decided to take their save Rangers money/shares out instead of transferring over ....their would be a period of time after any new group was formed where any fan would be given the choice of what they wanted to do with their money/shares

 

 

 

What is the purpose of the CIC club 1872....this is just a holding company to bring the RF and the RST CIC,s under , it would also be the company that would hold the licences for any website or anythin else required for the new company( again there is a better more detailed answer than this that hopefully Greg can give )

 

 

 

Does James Blair understand the term Conflict of Interest ....Answer was fully debated and I was satisfied with the answers given , it is a tricky one this but it was answered properly.

 

 

 

What about season ticket holders .......Answer , this is awkward because of financial rules around the club offering incentives to fanswhich would lead to receive financial gain , though there were various things being discussed.

 

 

 

In finishing , there were other points raised that I cant full remember , I apologize to Greg in advance if I have left him to answer questions that I have raised or if I have misrepresented. any questions raised or answers given

 

 

 

 

 

In short it was a very good meeting , I would strongly advise anyone with any doubts or misgivings to go and ask them in person , the internet is great , twitter is great for some things but debating something as important as this , nope not in 140 characters .

 

 

 

Any way hope this helps in some small way it certainly helped me come to a decision.

 

Cheers Bruce - nearly got the name right!

 

I missed the first 5 minutes or so, but the above is a fair summation of the points that you raised. There were a few others, but the above captures the meat of things.

 

I raised the question of term limits on the Club1872 Board Members. I tried to frame this in the context of some concerns raised during the meeting about the potential for the new board to be seen as "cosy" with the club/ club's board. However, as was answered fully, the intention is to hold annual elections for the new organisation's board so in the short term, if the membership felt that there were Board members who were perceived to be "too close" to the club's Board, they can vote in someone else.

 

As I discussed a little with Greg afterwards, there is a balance to be struck in terms of volunteer Boards. Any fan group is going to be reliant on a core of willing and able volunteers who are prepared to put up with the flack that goes with it - a not insignificant undertaking. However, when you get a core of people willing to do this for a long period of time, you run the risk of the board becoming being introverted and stale. Regular fresh injections of new blood are desirable, however the situation that RF finds itself in now, with pretty much a completely new board just a year down the line, also creates problems.

 

I feel there is a balance to be struck here, so my view is that I would like to see more detail from the working group on how the new Board would operate.

 

However, to underline RBR's comments above, all of the questions asked were answered fully during the meeting. I'm confident that the new organisation is being developed and constituted with the best intentions and I would encourage everyone to get along on Thursday if they can, or to submit their queries to the email address provided. To that end, I also commented to Greg afterwards that perhaps this process is missing a further consultation and review step as the timescales are very tight considering the proposal was published last week and voting opens up next Monday. There are however reasons for this. As I understand it, there is a desire to capitalise on the team's good performances of late and to get things set up and running quickly so that we can start working with the club ahead of preparations for next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankie,

 

What's been discussed so far is to put out a list of FAQs with answers, along with the proposal again. This will go out with the vote on Monday. It would be the product of the consultation period and hopefully give additional context. Not set it stone yet but it makes sense to me as then people can weigh it all up prior to casting their vote.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.