The Obsessed Are At It Again

I have a feeling that the dirty tricks campaigns of old will be resurrected in Ronny's hitherto powder puff team. Expect Scott Brown to be given licence to assault anything that moves and take a red card for it if need be. Griffiths is another who will attempt to rattle Danny Wilson and big Kiernan but I doubt they'll rise to it.

On a big pitch and with the majority of possession, they'll get frustrated very quickly.

The referee will be the most important piece of the jigsaw. Who'd put money on us getting a fair shake ?

I have a feeling that the dirty tricks campaigns of old will be resurrected in Ronny's hitherto powder puff team. Expect Scott Brown to be given licence to assault anything that moves and take a red card for it if need be. Griffiths is another who will attempt to rattle Danny Wilson and big Kiernan but I doubt they'll rise to it.

On a big pitch and with the majority of possession, they'll get frustrated very quickly.

Is this an Ancestor of Scott Brown?:D

https://exposingtherhats.wordpress.com/2016/03/11/lets-talk-about-the-resolution/

Lets talk about the Resolution…

Posted on March 11, 2016 by exposingtherhats

I tend not to talk about Celtic too often but with Rangers seemingly certain to return to the top flight next season and with an Old Firm derby looming it’s undeniable that they are relevant to us again simply because to achieve our goals we need to be better than them. With this in mind it’s hard not to take a look over the city….and even harder to suppress a smirk at the self inflicted mess they find themselves in.

As entertaining as they are Sevco’ers don’t tend to be particularly bright. Grown men very earnestly trying to convince people that a football club is dead because “erm disincorporation anaw that” doesn’t scream intellectual maturity.

I have always however considered them a fringe movement amongst the Celtic support as you simply don’t tend to meet people in real life who come up and scream “Ranjurs are deid” in your face during a chat about the weather or films as bizarrely happens so often on social media. In fact Celtic fans I meet in real life don’t care about daft new club conspiracies, they sadly don’t have hilarious “Strip the titles” twibbons stuck to their chests and they ridicule Philco in the same way Rangers fans do. The problem Celtic have is that this decent, quiet majority within their support are apathetic, worn down by years of downsizing, poor football and a lack of engagement from their board they have simply cancelled their season tickets and drifted away.

I get why decent Celtic fans are disengaged, their team play dire football, the club is loaded with debt, reasonable issues which are important to the support like the living wage are roundly ignored. All the while Peter Lawwell picks up a cool million pounds a year seemingly regardless of the club’s performance. To rub salt in the wounds Rangers have finally got their act together on and off the park and there seems to be a sense of inevitability about them claiming their 55th league title in the next couple of years.

All of the problems above are fixable for Celtic but they require drastic actions on and off the park that their current board seem incapable or unwilling to implement. Their fans need a Sons of Struth type group to rally the fans, force change and save their club from a slow, lingering death in the way the Rangers support did last year. Instead their “leadership” seems to come from the Sevco Football Monitor, a boiler room scam which focuses not on the pressing issues outlined above but on desperately trying to prove that “The Ranjurs are deid” and most hilariously of all on “Resolution 12”.

Resolution 12 is an attempt to have Celtic reinstated to the 2011 Champions League….yes you read that right 20 fucking 11.

There is of course slightly more to the whole daft story but at it’s core that’s what prominent Celtic fans have decided to focus on as their club declines beyond recognition. Grown men are bombarding newspapers with “dossiers” outlining perceived rule-breaks, they’re hiring legal firms to pester Celtic, the SFA and UEFA. They use lofty words like “we’re doing this for the integrity of the game”, oddly not one of these seekers of justice questions the governance failures that saw Rangers crippled by alleged fraudsters and booted into the lowest division without precedent or justification.

This is where things get fun though and this odd situation directly impacts Rangers and the speed at which they can return to the top of the Scottish game. Celtic have been trying to appease, stall and delay the Sevco’ers for years. Since John Reid’s time they made it a key aim of the club to gain more influence within Scottish football and have been undeniably successful most notably with Peter Lawwell gaining a seat on the SFA board. The Sevco’ers endanger this as they essentially want Celtic Peter to go to war with SFA Peter and the more he fobs them off the more militant they turn against him. Yesterday as news emerged that Celtic are understandably completely disinterested with the whole affair those who had placed their trust in the lead instigators started talking about continuing to stay away from games next season.

This leaves Celtic Peter with a no win situation, does he rock the boat on this daft issue which would inevitably lead to SFA Peter losing his job or does he take the risk of only selling circa 30k season tickets again next season when their whole financial plan is based on the lure of Rangers bringing stay away fans back to the club?

Rangers have certainly got work to do and problems of our own. That said if our main issue is arguing amongst ourselves over how best to spend the 7 figure sum our fans groups raise each year to help the club I’ll take it over going to war with our board over 5 year old fairy stories any day. We should and will focus on tackling our own club’s issues to ensure we don’t end up in the same mess as Celtic but given events in recent years I think we can all be excused for doing a bit of rubbernecking at the imminent car crash across the city.

Rangers fans are set up for perhaps the most rewarding couple of years in our club’s long history and the words of Ally McCoist in 2012 are starting to look wonderfully prophetic.

“I would suggest to them to have a right good kick just now because we won’t be where we are for long.”

I hope those kicks were worth it because Rangers moment has arrived.

Its a good piece if otherwise somewhat emotive. I think there is scope for the premise of the article but in saying that I also feel there is no particular need for the blunderbuss approach... If we are constantly intimating that there is a fringe support among us then it would only be fair to give leeway too.