When the difference is getting home by the back of 5 in time to get a wash, something to eat and make arrangements take her indoors out for the evening or not getting home to half 6 having spent an hour at a bus stop or stuck in a traffic jam then I'd think that paying your money and supporting for 80 minutes is just fine. Some are married to female mafia assassins who like to get out now and then having been stuck in the house every other Saturday.. :sneaky:

:roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3:.................brilliant mate

Yes it happened mate. As early as the 60's my dad used to park the car in one of the side streets up towards Mosspark Boulevard and we'd start heading out of the ground with maybe 10 minutes to go so we could get to the car and out onto a main road before the heavy traffic really began.

Cheers - was it so noticeable, though - were there such large numbers doing it? I seem to remember (not that I can trust this) standing to the end with no=one round abuot me leaving, certainly not the majority having left with 5 minutes still to go.

Cheers - was it so noticeable, though - were there such large numbers doing it? I seem to remember (not that I can trust this) standing to the end with no=one round abuot me leaving, certainly not the majority having left with 5 minutes still to go.

You have to remember that the crowd were mostly standing back then. 3 or 4 guys squeezing through a load of fans standing up did not cause the commotion and was not so noticeable. Many thousands could leave without bother and would only become apparent when spaces were seen around the terracing,

The full time whistle also saw some drunken bawheids pushing and shoving when the crowd came to a standstill at the top of the terracing and stairs leading out of the ground. My dads thinking was there was no need to stay behind and also have to put up with the actions of those braindead morons.

I hardly think calling bears who stay to the end to applaud the team off and support for 90mns "Brain dead morons" is necessary??? its a diffrence of opinion ffs??

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote ? " The full time whistle also saw some drunken bawheids pushing and shoving when the crowd came to a standstill at the top of the terracing and stairs leading out of the ground. My dads thinking was there was no need to stay behind and also have to put up with the actions of those braindead morons. "

Drunken bawheids = braindead morons = the guys who got so smashed they were a danger to everyone around them .

Nothing to do with the supporters who stayed on to the end mate.

Never understood why fans leave games consistently early. Willing to bet they don't do it at the theatre or cinema. Obviously there are special occasions when you need to leave early e.g. wife's funeral.