Fans vote overwhelmingly in favour of Club 1872 proposal

3419 votes received from active RF subscribers for Club 1872 proposal

Results

Yes 3122 (91.3%)

No 297 (8.7%)

It will be interesting to see how many of the 297 No voters retract from the scheme.

3419 votes received from active RF subscribers for Club 1872 proposal

Results

Yes 3122 (91.3%)

No 297 (8.7%)

Here's the equivalent RST numbers Eskbankloyal posted on RM.

Votes cast: 1649

Yes: 1608

No: 41

Not sure exact turnout % but is around the 30% mark.

Apathy appears to be the victor which was probably to be expected.

One thing I now hope Forlan is that you are now going to go with the new setup and get your points in motion.

That will depend if those who control the mechanism for doing so are willing to do so, I remain sceptical given the abolition of the two organisations that offered a route.

That will depend if those who control the mechanism for doing so are willing to do so, I remain sceptical given the abolition of the two organisations that offered a route.

FS

Given the proposal includes the dissolution of the 2 current mechanisms available to us, as well as the considerable concerns expressed by the wider support re ST Holders & RST's, I would hope the club itself would seeks to ensure the aforementioned are given significant representation in the evolution of this proposal.

Certainly disappointing and something that new group will need to address going forward.

Most fans imo do not really care about supporters board matters as they quite simply don't have enough information . Their primary concern is attempting to assist the club in any small way they can.

I liked RF because it didn't engage with fan politics. The new body explicitly addresses fan politics issues so isn't for me. No idea if this accounts for the low turnout but given the disparity between the numbers who stepped up for RF and the numbers who want this new mouthpiece it is at least possible that many fans just want a team to follow.

Club1872 has a lot of work on it's hands going forward, no1 consideration for me is getting the wider fan base involved with the concept. Those of us already members of the various supporters groups are generally still getting involved, by continuing our financial input. But attracting those fans not involved in any fans groups, by simply asking them to pay-up and join, might not attract the numbers we need to make it numerically successful imo.

Every support should be able to join free of charge imo, that way you will get those with less financial resources to spare joining, i'm thinking here of children, the disabled and pensioners, also parents and grandparents joining their family members, thus continuing the family lineage links to the club.

Everyone regardless of financial input should carry the same or equal voting rights.

Those of us within the support with the financial resources, should carry those within the Rangers family without the financial resources to contribute much or anything.

That's not to say we shouldn't encourage new members to take up the financial responsibilty of helping the supporters group or the club.

Edited by aweebluesoandso