Best Rangers scarves ever?

Unfortunately these don't belong to me...

gn33.png

These old Rangers scarves, most of the guys of a certain vintage will remember them well. Has anyone still got theirs?

My mates Dad gave him the one on the right (silk) and gave me the one on the left with the Rangers Football Supporters motif and white frills on the ends.

The silk scarf had a diagonal finish at each end in line with the diagonal red & white pin stripes.

We both wore them throughout the late '60's early 70's but unfortunately we don't have them now and can't remember what ever became of them, must have lost them or replaced them with more modern versions.:facepalm:

I think at the time these scarfs could be purchased from menswear shops in and around the city centre, would love it if these went into production again, I'd be first in the queue.

If anyone on here has indeed got one of them and it's lying up in your loft gathering dust or in an old box, PM me and I'll relieve you of it. :D

Pure smart...any of you gentleman still wear it to the game today?

Edited by Bearman
Photo

I had the one with the lion on it. My mate has still got the other one. Indeed he got Wullie J and Colin Stein to sign it at the 'Gersnet dinner

He did indeed and i got my lion one signed also infact we both had a wee bet about whos was older. I lost.

The one on the right is the silk reefer with crest. Only top guys had these.

I still have my poor man's plain reefer

Ah, thanks Scott, my mate's was exactly the same then, must have been the plain reefer you speak of, as his dad, although certainly a top guy wasn't in the way you mean, he was a humble painter & decorator.:)

Thanks for the info mate. :tu:

The one on the right is the silk reefer with crest. Only top guys had these.

I still have my poor man's plain reefer

Yeah that's it, my Uncle Billy travelled all over the world to see us. Canada, Australia no place was too far for him. He was one the original members of the Greenock Rangers Supporter Club.

He did indeed and i got my lion one signed also infact we both had a wee bet about whos was older. I lost.

his granny gave it to him for Christmas in 1964. He gave it to me on the way out of Hampden after the cup final in 1969. I found it in my loft and gave him it back around 1990

his granny gave it to him for Christmas in 1964. He gave it to me on the way out of Hampden after the cup final in 1969. I found it in my loft and gave him it back around 1990

Excellent!

I bought mine season 74/75 when i started work and old enough to follow on my own and have worn it to all matches ever since.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd use this old thread to post this.

I have been trying for some time to try and purchase one of the above scarves, would have been prepared to offer a large sum of money for one, but alas they are very rare and virtually impossible to find...this week I found on eBay this one, though not as treasured I wanted it all the same.

gn48.png

It arrived in the post today and it looks even better than in the picture.

Some may say I'm off my head paying that for an old 1970 League Cup winners scarf, but this was the 1st ever trophy I saw Rangers lift after almost 4 years of nothing, which makes it an important scarf, one I will be proud of wearing 'til I die. I wanted this so much my maximum bid was £106.90...so I reckon I GOT A BARGAIN!