Fall of the house of David Murray...

If David Murray said "judge me on Europe".... then what else should the fans do ? He REQUESTED we judge him on Europe and, for the most part, we were a failure.

You can excuse it all you like dB, and you can make excuses for him all you like too - but he said "judge me on Europe". Did he put any caveats into the statement such as "judge me on Europe.... depending on what the other teams in Europe do, or spend, or who we can attract to the Club" ? No, he didn't. Yet here you are defending him for a statement he made.

He asked to be judged on Europe. How did he do in Europe dB ? David Murray himself made that single simple statement and yet you are trying to change the criteria to suit defending him.

That reply presents exactly the lack of required of objectivity I spoke about above. And, dare I say it, it is as disrespectful to your intelligence as it is to mine.

Edited by der Berliner

Not a fan of Murray but he was owner during 2 of the top 6 European campaigns of our history with one of them being arguably the best in the top competition. We were also the most successful Scottish team in Europe during that time. I don't see it it as one of his many notable failures.

Edited by calscot

Not a fan of Murray but he was owner during 2 of the top 6 European campaigns of our history with one of them being arguably the best in the top competition. We were also the most successful Scottish team in Europe during that time. I don't see it it as one of his many notable failures.

so 2 successful seasons in 22?

the man was an unmitigated failure and allowed a lack of professionalism to fester at the club where failures , his own and others were papaered over by taking out bank loans - his whole business MO

the club didn't even have a training ground until Advocaat insisted one be built

the medical side of things also were an embarrassment with player after player being crocked and not returning properly

and that is before we touch on his disastrous PR campaigns that sought to divide the fans - we warned 15 years ago he would bankrupt the club by a fellow director

and finally the sale to craig whyte

That reply presents exactly the lack of required of objectivity I spoke about above. And, dare I say it, it is as disrespectful to your intelligence as it is to mine.

Lol. Quite the opposite in fact. I was being more objective than you. You put in a ton of subjective arguments to defend David Murray, none of which caveats the man put in himself. When he said judge him on Europe he meant in terms of being successful. For the most part we were failures in Europe.

I'm being more objective than you.

Whilst I can give you the 92/93 season and the UEFA Cup Final (albeit he was already looking to sell at that point...). The "most successful Scottish team in Europe at the time" is very much a straw man argument. Scottish teams in Europe have been dross since Dundee Utd almost made the European Cup Final.

Lol. Quite the opposite in fact. I was being more objective than you. You put in a ton of subjective arguments to defend David Murray, none of which caveats the man put in himself. When he said judge him on Europe he meant in terms of being successful. For the most part we were failures in Europe.

I'm being more objective than you.

In your opinion your opinion beats mine. Well, that's that settled then.