David Murray has stated today that Rangers will not go on a 'spending spree' and if PLG wants, we have a 'few million' to strengthen the team. I know its bad business to advertise that amount of money you have in a transfer kitty, but David Murray indicated that the new manager would have the CL money and the money from the JJB deal to spend on players.

Add that to the fact that we are still awaiting the financial deal that will 'rock Scottish football' to its foundations, it appears that David Murray has pulled the wool over our eyes once again.

If none of the above money is spent on players, where has it gone??????? Now, haven't we asked this question before????

Cammy F

I thought it was generally accepted that we had somewhere between 10M & 18M to be invested by PLG. Now, I'm not sure what the source for that was as it was a while back, but I thought it was endorsed by someone from the club wasn't it?

I think they may have decided to hold back some of any available monies until we qualify for the CL.

Moreover, like you say it's not prudent to tell all sellers how much money we intend to spend. I also don't think Murray actually used the 'rock Scottish football' phrase but the woman from RangersTV.

As for where any income did go, I'd say mostly to clear the debt which was still about £25million.

It is frustrating and like you Cammy I wouldn't trust Murray is he said the sky was blue but we have to be patient.

I thought it was generally accepted that we had somewhere between 10M & 18M to be invested by PLG. Now, I'm not sure what the source for that was as it was a while back, but I thought it was endorsed by someone from the club wasn't it?

That was what was indicated. Now, I didn't think it would be as much as 18M, but I thought that PLG would be given substantial funds as he as a huge job on his hands.

However, it appears that Mr Murray has lied to us again and I've just read a rueters report that PLG has stated that Clement is 'out of our price range' at the moment - that is a truely worrying statement.

So, I'll ask again - excuse me Mr Murray, where has all the money gone?

Cammy F

I think they may have decided to hold back some of any available monies until we qualify for the CL.

But what happens, if god forbid, we don't qualify for the CL?

also don't think Murray actually used the 'rock Scottish football' phrase but the woman from RangersTV.

Your right, but on an interview with RR (or was it Chick Dung) Murray did say that there were 2 or 3 other finacial deals to be announced and these would mean substantial investment and money for the new manager - this was after PLG appiontment was announced.

It is furstrating, but after the excitment of getting PLG, it appears that Murray has hoodwinked us again.

I don't think Murray would bullshit le Guen so eary for the fear he will walk away.

I think we will have money to spend when the time and players are right. Nearer the window shutting players will become much cheaper. I think this is a smokescreen and Cammy is having one of his psychotic attacks.:D (hopefully)

Guest pitchin

Hopefully PLG has told him not to reveal how much we have so clubs can't hold us to ransom by upping the fees.

If not & we have no money then Murray can GTF

If the Clement thing is true then it is very very worrying as Lyon only want 1M. I've have thought PLG would be given 5M or so at the very least.

I agree that you can't show all your cards, but I was under the impression that some pretty big promises were being made to us last season, regardles of whether we made the CL or not. I really hope this doesn't prove to be DM up to his usual tricks to get the fans off his back....

I'm not sure about the CL money - we only seemed to make an extra 1.5M in the half yearly statement due to increased costs. Player bonuses and stadium costs (with police etc)?

It could also be that instead of 18m to spend in one go he might have 6M per year for 3 years which wouldn't be too bad.

Or it could be a smokescreen but then he's losing the fans trust by contradicting himself all the time.

I'm sure there is a reasonable amount of money or Le Guen wouldn't have come but I don't think Le Gaffer was ever looking for fantasic amounts of funds and I don't really think he needs it.

If we get Elmander for say 2.2M, Clement for 0.9M and say another couple of players for 2.7M he'll have brought in 10 new players for 6M. That seems enough to be going on with.