New Club Statement - spot on

Did she post any decent links?

:nuts::cool6:

It was a cracking post actually..... Someone asked her "would you prefer 90 minutes of carpet munching or SC win"... She responded "both" :D

Timing was clearly awful though.

While I agree with you. There's a consideration to be made that the late nature of the goal shifted the mood entirely and the police were likely caught napping, rather than anything more sinister. Had the score remained level at full time and gone to extra time, there'd likely have been no invasion. The late goal went in and the police were unable to react in time before the final whistle was blown?

I accept that Rabi but a no. of points I would make to you

The Police should have been alert to the possibility of an invasion given the 114 year wait the Hibs fans have had to endure.

Some Hibs fans this morning were saying their intention to invade was all over social media - this is a Police service which claims to pride itself on intelligence led Policing.

The Hibs fans on Radio Scotland this morning said it was evident aproaching FT that the Hibs fans intended to invade - the Police should have responded to that situation accordingly

First part certainly true, second part what I'm very keen to see happen. Not convinced the statement does that, though.

Changing ever-more ingrained attitudes is a very difficult task.

First step on a long and rocky road is to push general awareness and start a discussion/argument.

This statement, for example subtley points to Rod Petrie as a man with an important dual responsibility who is also guilty of difiance and indifference as Rangers players are attacked by Hibs fans under SFA security magmt.

I accept that Rabi but a no. of points I would make to you

The Police should have been alert to the possibility of an invasion given the 114 year wait the Hibs fans have had to endure.

Some Hibs fans this morning were saying their intention to invade was all over social media - this is a Police service which claims to pride itself on intelligence led Policing.

The Hibs fans on Radio Scotland this morning said it was evident aproaching FT that the Hibs fans intended to invade - the Police should have responded to that situation accordingly

D'Art, I wasn't aware of the social media projected intention of invasion, that certainly should have been picked up on. All in all I agree that the response and actions were woefully under prepared, my only thought was, given there were only a couple of minutes between goal and full time, the police were probably still responding given that there wasn't likely to be an invasion due to the expectation of extra time. They didn't react quick enough.

That was uncalled for. Apologies.

No worries my friend. I think we ALL, rightly. Are still a bit raw with emotion. I'm aghast that Scotland by and large are trying to either play this down or make it Rangers fans fault.

No Pitch invasion means no incidents. Yet blame being thrown at us for sectarian singing (not happy with that as it doesn't help our cause) but when naughty words are being lambasted in equal measure with assault then we really are in the toilet.

D'Art, I wasn't aware of the social media projected intention of invasion, that certainly should have been picked up on. All in all I agree that the response and actions were woefully under prepared, my only thought was, given there were only a couple of minutes between goal and full time, the police were probably still responding given that there wasn't likely to be an invasion due to the expectation of extra time. They didn't react quick enough.

Neither was I bud - but in truth beyond tweeting Im not very familair with much of social media !

it was one of the callers on the Radio Scotland programme this morning who alluded to it.

No worries my friend. I think we ALL, rightly. Are still a bit raw with emotion. I'm aghast that Scotland by and large are trying to either play this down or make it Rangers fans fault.

No Pitch invasion means no incidents. Yet blame being thrown at us for sectarian singing (not happy with that as it doesn't help our cause) but when naughty words are being lambasted in equal measure with assault then we really are in the toilet.

You following Frankie on twitter?,unbelievable shit being spouted!

https://twitter.com/GersnetOnline/with_replies

Whilst i very much appreciate the club's two statements, i don't think it goes far enough. What is needed is a press conference soonest with the injured players with the injuries on show, large pictures on show of Hibernian thugs in the act of assaulting our players. Followed by minute by minute of TV coverage of the Hibs fan rushing on and straight to the Rangers end to indulge in goading and violence. Not forgetting the clear TV evidence of Hibs thugs attacking our players and club staff.

I am not a media or PR guy but i could that had done this, if i had the resources and evidence within the 48hrs since Saturdays game.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Whilst i very much appreciate the club's two statements, i don't think it goes far enough. What is needed is a press conference soonest with the injured players with the injuries on show, large pictures of on show of Hibernian thugs in the act of assaulting our players. Followed by minute by minute of TV coverage of the Hibs fan rushing on and straight to the Rangers end to indulge in goading and violence. Not forgetting the clear TV evidence of Hibs thugs attacking our players and club staff.

The Hivs fans were given licence to do what they did when there was no action taken against the Motherwell fans at the end of last season.

I predict it will happen again too.