Scottish Government response

CjIO1ZMWUAA75LN.jpg

So no mention of Hibs and seemingly no intention of the Government to get involved, and nobody reviewing independently the shortfall in the response from the police.

Pathetic by the SNP.

No mention of the unprovoked assaults on footballers who were caught up in the violence and had done nothing more than play (and sadly lose) a football match.

A feeble statement that looks to spin the blame equally on both sides.

f Rangers fans had invaded the pitch first and lamped the entire HIbs team as they tried to get off does anyone seriously think this tosh would be the reaction from the Scottish Government?

I'm not certain Hillsborough or the ludicrous summit they called after the 'Shame Game' suggest immediate government intervention following football 'hooliganism' is always a good idea.

That said, the statement is a bit woolly.

May 2011

Neil Lennon gets attacked

First Minister Alex Salmond said: "This sort of behaviour is utterly unacceptable.

"The Joint Action Group formed after the recent football summit is developing the eight-point plan to present to ministers before the start of the new season to tackle all issues of violence and bigotry in relation to football, because we cannot have the safety of individuals endangered by such mindless incidents, and our national game tarnished."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-13368945

It was crystal clear the Hearts fan jumped onto the pitch and had a go at Lennon. Once we get the facts that our players were attacked crystal clear, we can expect the same response. And if we don't get it, there's some serious questions need to be asked.

We've got to keep the focus on proving the assaults, once that's done everything else fits into place. That's how I see it, anyway.

It was crystal clear the Hearts fan jumped onto the pitch and had a go at Lennon. Once we get the facts that our players were attacked crystal clear, we can expect the same response. And if we don't get it, there's some serious questions need to be asked.

We've got to keep the focus on proving the assaults, once that's done everything else fits into place. That's how I see it, anyway.

There is already clear proof that attacks took place.

What was clear from the NL incident was that the attack didn't actually result in bodily harm to a Celtic official because the offender seemed so slip onto his bahookie. ie. the footage already availbale from Saturday re. attack on Wallace is sufficient but perhaps not so well broadcast. It is from a distance but does offer conclusive proof.

There is already clear proof that attacks took place.

What was clear from the NL incident was that the attack didn't actually result in bodily harm to a Celtic official because the offender seemed so slip onto his bahookie. ie. the footage already availbale from Saturday re. attack on Wallace is sufficient but perhaps not so well broadcast. It is from a distance but does offer conclusive proof.

Add to that the Foderingham footage which is also conclusive.

3 of the organisations who failed supporters so miserably on Saturday are responsible for the review ??

No wonder the Rangers board statement called for a full independent enquiry.

We have learned nothing from Hillsborough.

CjIO1ZMWUAA75LN.jpg

So no mention of Hibs and seemingly no intention of the Government to get involved, and nobody reviewing independently the shortfall in the response from the police.

Pathetic by the SNP.

I get the feeling you are not a SNP voter BD. Am I on the right track?:D

This statement is shameful. However for all the reasons, footballing, political and social that were discussed yesterday and are frequently discussed on here we must not let up, as a club and as a support. They will do whatever it takes to make us go away but we must not allow that to happen. Those who were in any doubt about the state of affairs in Scottish society towards our club and our social status they surely must see what's happening now, those that don't are either blind or do not wish to see.

I honestly do not wish to think about the reaction of the Scottish government should it have been thousands of Rangers fans swarming onto the pitch, ripping up the turf, demolishing goalposts, running to the other end, goading opposing fans and physically attacking members of the opposing team in a national cup final. Does anyone on here really think there would not have been sum form of summit , a statement of intent from the Scottish Government to swiftly address matters and Rangers would have been dealt with in the most draconian fashion available. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a long look in the mirror.

Me must not shake in our commitment and our belief that this must stop. We will be alone in this and we must circle the wagons, however we must not lose the belief in ourselves and see this through, we have endured this behaviour for too long, I for one don't want this to continue, the demonisation and dehumanisation must stop.