The circle is round: Police 'source' claims RFC fans blocked their response

This is the day and age of smartphones, instagram, twitter and video evidence. Remember the bottles and stuff thrown at Morton fans at Ibrox?

Now, I can fully envisage that these vans had problems getting to Hampden after the final whitsle and thousands of supporters leaving the ground. I can sure envisage that there were angry people hurling "abuse" at these (!) cops being late. The "mob mentality" and spat at stuff does very much sound like spin though.

Time not only to remove press credentials, but also ban papers and declare certain people persona non grata at Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

This article's journalist tweeting about McNamara in 2013

2vxo9c1.png

Edited by der Berliner

Snatched from FF ...

Having been at the game and witnessed the police 'speeding' towards the ground, I know first hand that this story is total and utter nonsense.

There were no sirens, no kids blocking the route and no vans getting rocked.

Yes, there were people pointing at watches, shouting what kept you, laughing at them and the police were laughing back.

This is an outrageous and blatant attempt to tarnish the Rangers fans.

Its disgusting and she should hang her head in shame!!

Absolute f**king nonsense

I left the ground after the police had regained some kind of control when the horses came on. By the time I got to Cathcart road there was about 5 or 6 vans caught in traffic and moving at the same speed as any other car on the road. None had their sirens on to try and force their way through, none had their protected grill down in front of the windscreen - which I would imagine would be the first thing that they would of done if the crowd was getting violent

Absolutely spot on mate..... I was virtually in the same timeframe as yourself. The police vans you mentioned were just sauntering along the street. The only 'aggro' they encountered was the wide scale applause dished out by the support because of their almost refusal to get to the stadium to deal with the Hivs pitch invasion - they were in no hurry.

As for the boot from the Day Late Rhebel, she and her 'paper' need to be hounded by the club - an utterly poisonous piece of writing that had no other intention than to harm our club and support.

I left right on the final whistle, didn't even realise they had invaded the pitch till I reached the top of the stairs and didn't know about the players being assaulted till I got home and read it on here.

There was a Police van trying to make it's way to the stadium and it was difficult due to the sheer volume of people it had to negotiate past, but there was no one blocking it.

There was also a patrol of cops making their way on foot, they were basically sauntering down with no urgency whatsoever and many fans were telling them to hurry up.

That was what I saw.

By the time I left the West Stand and walked up to Cathcart Road on Saturday, things had simmered down on the pitch. On the way up there was a lot or sarcastic applause and some minor verbal abuse aimed at the police, all of which was critical of their incompetence and lack of response to the thugs who attacked our players. From what I remember, a couple of squads were on foot and walked through the crowd no bother and then there were riot vans up towards the Tesco which were full of police cowering in shame as they were mocked by some passing bears for their pathetic response. That was about it. Were they expecting it to be easy to get through 20,000 fans heading up a bottle neck area towards the main road.

Rangers fans tried to topple the vans ffs. What a pile of absolute shit. In this day and age there is not a chance that everything they have described in that article would have passed without some sort of video evidence.

Then again, facts and evidence don't seem to matter when it comes to us. If in question, just blame Rangers fans. It's the easy thing to do and will see you backed by the media.

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1084897-cops-say-bears-stopped-them-getting-into-hampden-to-stop-invasion/page14

The less charitable could argue that Plod Scotland are coming close to "doing a South Yorkshire" with this story. It's a pathetic attempt to paper over their own incompetence.

Breaking news...thanks to advances in forensic software, the FBI have stated that the two suspicious characters spotted on the grassy knoll in Dallas in November 1963 were wearing Rangers tops. My god, you could not make this up. Did plod ever stop to think why so many people were angry? Instead of knecking another chicken pastie from Greggs, get into the Stadium and do your job. Take ownership of your mistakes and stop looking to blame someone else

Also worth noting that, to the best of my knowledge, not a single person in a close off Cathcart Rd thought to film this mob rioting & bung it up on social media. Unusual in this day and age, that out of about 60 flats, there wasn't a solitary person civic minded enough to get evidence for the surely upcoming court cases.

Absolutely scandalous story that our club must challenge TODAY!

This attempt to re-write history is something we were all predicting would be attempted this week, and we must not allow it to happen.

There are thousands of Rangers supporters (including myself) who are able to provide eye-witness evidence that is contrary to this outrageous nonsense. The fact Irvine is behind something as clearly fictional is not a surprise to us.