The Special One is Back

I have a lot of time for the 'Special One' he says he is the 'Happy One' now, no wonder.

Getting the Manure job at this time opens up many avenues for social media.

A good appointment? Certainly no matter how it pans out.

I look forward to him being back in the limelight.

I like Mourinho, but I doubt he's the right man for Man Utd. He may get them competitive in the title-race again, but he has failed to show he can sustain it at a club over a longer period of time. He's also not renowned for playing attractive, attacking football -- although I do like is pragmatism and tactical nous. Another gripe is youth-development; he's not shown he can incorporate younger players into his teams.

I'm pleased to see him back in the game, but I doubt he's the right man for Utd. I hope he proves me wrong.

The Man Utd board have got two appointments badly wrong.

You could argue that Sir Alex was responsible for the Moyes appointment but I'd say that the board were equally if not more responsible for allowing it and then only supporting him in a half-hearted fashion.

LVG was 'yesterdays man' and was never going to work.

The board went for what they saw as big club experience / safe pair of hands and got it way wrong, pishing away a LOT of money at the same time.

Third time lucky ?

They again see a big club experienced manager with a good track record (tbf, it's excellent) but he's not a safe pair of hands anymore and his once winning personality seems to be becoming a handicap within the politics of big clubs, eg. Real Madrid, Chelsea (2nd spell).

JM isn't known for playing 'the MU way' either but if he wins, he'll be ok and I think MU will be throwing the kitchen sink at the transfer market to try and ensure success........but that doesn't always work.

I watched Zlatan on 3 or 4 occasions this season and whilst still an excellent player, I think he is definately on the way down. MUtd need a top player in his pomp as per Cantona, Ronaldo back in the day. Whether Martial could be that player or they need to buy him I don't know.

Could easily go either way with Jose............

Guardiola has this guy in his back pocket, right?

These guys have their pockets so full of money that there isn't any room for anything else, never mind an ego the size of JM's.

There will be more money spent by the two Manchester clubs this summer than the Dutch, the Scottish, the Norwegian, the Swedish and the Danish top tiers combined.

He looks very fresh in his 'old age' :) Football management must be mightily stressful and the 5 months away has certainly done him the world of good, you wonder why men put themselves into these situations.

Wonder what made him sign that 3 year £36 million contract ?