Gordon Parks: Hampden Cup Final shame is a sign of society's wider problems

not really sure how being dyslexic changes one iota of the argument. Facts are facts whether the person saying is in your eyes of lesser intelligence or not.

Argument is also a strong word to use not sure how any argument or discussion could take place on the merits of the bible. There is no reasoned defence just faith. The likely hood of there being a god or any such thing is a different argument altogether

Your dyslexia must be extremely mild given the only word misspelled is protestant, and where do I make any claim re anyone's intelligence?

Coming from a background of one side Plymouth Brethren and the other CoS whilst myself being in the main agnostic I'd never be so bold as to claim those who follow any deity have no reasoned defence

I respect your right to your views. That's not the same as saying I respect everything the bible says or will take without question or comment inaccuracies painted as fact. You have the right to believe and spread the words you believe in just the same as I have the right to question them.

I expect everybody to have the ability to question and examine then state their opinion no matter what that opinion is

Do you not believe I have the right to say what I believe without anyone getting offended? Why is it only religions that hold that right?

You can treat these questions as rhetorical . whether you believe it or not i have no intention in offending you I am sorry you are obviously offended by what I believe

BD isn't offended by what you believe though. What he is offended about is being labeled as brainwashed. You can call it your belief that he is brainwashed - but you certainly cant then suggest you didn't offend someone. Offense is not yours to determine, but rather is determined by the person you aim your belief at. You don't get to choose whether what you say is offensive and what isn't.

BD isn't offended by what you believe though. What he is offended about is being labeled as brainwashed. You can call it your belief that he is brainwashed - but you certainly cant then suggest you didn't offend someone. Offense is not yours to determine, but rather is determined by the person you aim your belief at. You don't get to choose whether what you say is offensive and what isn't.

I never said anyone was brainwashed wrong poster.

In that case then people should be free to feel offended by things that religion spouts as truth. You can't have it one way and not the other.

If saying it's nonsense that man was created the same day as animals for example then it must also be equally offensive to say it's true. Can't have it one way and not the other.

Take your point that I can't determine what someone gets offended about but you can't seriously expect people to not say something factual because it may offend.

Your dyslexia must be extremely mild given the only word misspelled is protestant, and where do I make any claim re anyone's intelligence?

Coming from a background of one side Plymouth Brethren and the other CoS whilst myself being in the main agnostic I'd never be so bold as to claim those who follow any deity have no reasoned defence

online it's easier to rely on predictive text to sort out the general stuff. It's a constant battle that personally I gave up caring or fighting a long time ago. It has became more of an issue in the last ten years or so because so much time is spent online or texting . It's not really much of an issue for me anywhere else than online

As said earlier nobody can argue with any high probability of winning when it comes to is there a god or not. When it comes to the Bible the argument against is massively over whelming

I respect your right to your views. That's not the same as saying I respect everything the bible says or will take without question or comment inaccuracies painted as fact. You have the right to believe and spread the words you believe in just the same as I have the right to question them.

I expect everybody to have the ability to question and examine then state their opinion no matter what that opinion is

Do you not believe I have the right to say what I believe without anyone getting offended? Why is it only religions that hold that right?

You can treat these questions as rhetorical . whether you believe it or not i have no intention in offending you I am sorry you are obviously offended by what I believe

It's not offensive to say you don't believe in God or you don't believe in what the Bible says.

it's verging on offensive to say that it's complete crap and it is offensive to say that you are "worried about the sanity of people who can believe such obviously made up and doctored doctrine" or as was put elsewhere that those that attend church are brainwashed.

You can't say that you respect someone's views but question their sanity for holding them. That is showing no respect for their beliefs,

Everyone is quite entitled to question the bible, and there''s large chunks of it that deserve to be,

So if you met a guy and he started going on about talking snakes, a man living in a big fish for three days, a character based on an Egyptian God of the sky walking the earth spreading the word of God based on writings by eye witnesses decades after the fact from a time when illiteracy was 90 odd percent and life expectancy about 30 years you wouldn't doubt his sanity even a little??

Sorry but find it hard to take serious anyone who sticks to the tenant man and animals where created on the same day 5000 years ago and we all come from Adam and Eve. That's just for starters .....

As said by others probably best we leave it alone could go on for hours about inaccuracies and such but nobody wants to hear it especially on a football forum.

Maybe I should have said I can respect the person but not the opinion or something similar

Edit * having read back should have stated the Horus stuff was tongue in cheek not sure if the wee smiley face gave that away or not

Edited by trublusince1982

So if you met a guy and he started going on about talking snakes, a man living in a big fish for three days, a character based on an Egyptian God of the sky walking the earth spreading the word of God based on writings by eye witnesses decades after the fact from a time when illiteracy was 90 odd percent and life expectancy about 30 years you wouldn't doubt his sanity even a little?

Sorry but find it hard to take serious anyone who sticks to the tenant man and animals where created on the same day 5000 years ago and we all come from Adam and Eve. That's just for starters .....

You're argung on your own here.

Maybe I should have said I can respect the person but not the opinion or something similar

That would certainly have been less offensive.