Shall we play a game? Euro '16 Prediction League!

Bonjour! In honour of the upcoming tournament, I'm wondering if there is any interest in a Euro 2016 prediction league, similar to our usual domestic version?

It would be tricky to copy the domestic version of the prediction league exactly, so there will be a few differences. Here's what I'm proposing: Each day I'll post the day's Euro 2016 fixtures (I'll post them the day before, so we all have a full day to make our predictions), and all you have to do is predict the Correct Score and Correct Result from the various games.

For simplicity, I've decided to use the GPL rules as outlined by Zappa, but with the FGS removed. The rules are: 1 point for Correct Result (e.g. Win or Draw), and 3 points for Correct Score (e.g. 2-0).

I'll keep a wee tally, and a winner will be announced at the end of the tournament.

Frankie is kindly offering a limited edition Gersnet polo shirt as a prize!

I thought it would be a little fun; and since Scotland isn't involved hopefully it will get us into the spirit of the competition!

Initially, it could get a little intensive because there are 3 games per day for the group stages of the tournament. Please let me know if you are interested, and I'll set it up!

Edited by Rousseau

Oh! If anyone sees a flaw in this plan, let me know!

Can i suggest a point system as follows....

2 points for correct forecast whether it be a win or draw with an additional point earned if you predict the exact result.?

For instance....if you predict 1-0 and the match end 2-0 0r 2-1 etc then you score 2 points for predicting a win.

Predict 1-1 and match ends 2-2 then again it's 2 points for predicting a draw.

But if you predict 1-0 or 1-1 etc and the match ends with your exact score you earn an additional point making 3 points total.

Just a thought and may make it easier to keep tally.

I'm in no matter.

Can i suggest a point system as follows....

2 points for correct forecast whether it be a win or draw with an additional point earned if you predict the exact result.?

For instance....if you predict 1-0 and the match end 2-0 0r 2-1 etc then you score 2 points for predicting a win.

Predict 1-1 and match ends 2-2 then again it's 2 points for predicting a draw.

But if you predict 1-0 or 1-1 etc and the match ends with your exact score you earn an additional point making 3 points total.

Just a thought and may make it easier to keep tally.

I'm in no matter.

Sounds interesting, but a bit complicated -- for me! Might be more interesting for players though.

It makes it easier for me if players just pick who they think will win. So, France-Romania is the first game, if someone picks France to win, they'll get 3 points if they do, or 1 point if it ends as a draw. There is going to be quite a few games, so I was trying to stay away from predicting correct scores.

I'll see what everyone else thinks, though.

So, just predict the Result (France) or predict the Correct Score and Result (France 2-0)?

Let me know, people!

Sound fun!,although I won't be entering,I have not much interest in football outwith Rangers!,I couldn't even tell you who are favourites for the tournament?,however with France being the host nation I would guess they will be favourites!:)

I'm in!? I have a vested interest as I have £10 e/w@9/1 on England. They look a young energetic side playing good football. Deli Ali(spelling??) looks like he could be player of the tournament.

There are other strong teams however there isn't a side they will face where you immediately fancy them getting gubbed.