Michael Mols: Rangers should be shooting for top six, not first place

The donation would be in the accounts. He's never donated a thing before or given them a loan soft or otherwise.

He's invested in preferential shares many times.

I doubt it's any different this time.

Just because something hasn't been done in the past doesn't mean it hasn't been done in this instance. As I said, that was what I was told - not that I care one way or the other how they pay Rodgers' salary.

I reckon Desmond will make as much out of Celtic as our guys make out of us. Us, the tims and most other clubs are rich guys indulgences........ They'll never make any money out of it and they know it.

I don't think so. He takes a whack out every year.

You cant have it both ways Rousseau! Take celtic out the equation and you will admit we have the best manager, best players, best coaches, best facilities, best sports science, best scouting set-up and therefore should finish above every one of the other 10 clubs in that division.

Tannoch, believe me, I would love to agree with you there. The end of last season however just does not prove that out. We staggered across the line and only succeeded due to points gathered earlier. The cup final proved one thing - we simply have not reached a level to win the league next season. Reading this thread the hope from others seems to be , if we get good defenders, if we bring in quality, etc, etc.

I hope we do. But until we do we remain as also-rans who only a fool would put money on.

I don't think so. He takes a whack out every year.

he'll be funding Brendan Rogers with it.........probably....

.in the end it's bead rattlers against the people.......Desmond, King and all the other guys will be happy if they don't lose too much,

Tannoch, believe me, I would love to agree with you there. The end of last season however just does not prove that out. We staggered across the line and only succeeded due to points gathered earlier. The cup final proved one thing - we simply have not reached a level to win the league next season. Reading this thread the hope from others seems to be , if we get good defenders, if we bring in quality, etc, etc.

I hope we do. But until we do we remain as also-rans who only a fool would put money on.

We were doing fine until we won the diddy cup, league and OF SF all in a week, then put the tools away. Seen it happen before, will no doubt see it happen again. As for the cup final, a mixture of what I said above and 4/5 players missing from an already too small squad was in the end too much to overcome (pathetic defending aside).

I said clearly we can't expect to win the league, my point is simply we should never be coming third or lower with the resources available to us.

Yet in the semi we were head and shoulders above the SPL champions.