If you have the always offended against you - guess who are the most offensive fans?

A survey has been made and stats compiled and then you have Philip Sim of the BBC ...

Philip Sim ‏@BBCPhilipSim

Which Scottish club has the most Offensive fans? Based on number accused under the OFBA, Rangers top that table

CklAo_6WEAE3osb.jpg

here were 287 charges reported to prosecutors under Offensive Behaviour at Football Act in 2015/16; relating to 117 fixtures at 29 stadiums

https://twitter.com/BBCPhilipSim

Last I checked, accused doesn't mean found guilty? I'd like to see the percentages/numbers of convictions. Also more detail and what the charge relates to. We all know the OBFA is too open to criminalising fans

It would equally be interesting to see a table of who were the most offended fans.

We shouldn't ignore, however that we do have an issue, and the issue will remain will the authorities allow others to get away scot-free with the same as what our fans are accused of.

We did get our house largely in order for a while, but as our fans watched the use of "Hun" and the glorification of terrorist groups continue by other fans with minimal action being taken, the only-human response was to react in kind.

We shouldn't be doing it but self-policing becomes very difficult when you are faced with "hun scum" banners being allowed into a stadium with the police and authorities apparently condoning it.

One also has to look at the numbers. The table above is using absolute terms i.e. we had 71 charges out of a total of 287.

However, and this is a significant point to make... you have to look at this in %age terms, not absolute terms.

Using our numbers against, for example, Killie (as my hometown team and a team that I know, roughly, their average attendance).... and rounding for simplicity

4,500 - Killie average attendance

45,000 - Rangers average attendance

26 - Killie charges

71 - Rangers charges

0.58% - Killie charge per average attendee

0.16% - Rangers charge per average attendee

So the ACTUAL numbers when you look at the possibility of charge is that Killie fans are 4 more times likely to be charged under the OBFA than Rangers fans - which suggests that Killie fans are actually far more offensive than Rangers fans.

This is a typical BBC puff piece from a below-average intelligence hack looking to paint Rangers as bigots.

It should be filed in the "fantasist" file.

I doubt there is an article which would be easier to debunk than this one.

Figures mean nothing when the police in Glasgow have a policy in place that sees away fans put back on buses home rather than charged. Have seen it with my own eyes on numerous occasions for the more serious offences at football matches. Have also challenged officers involved who just shrug their shoulders in explanation

Can't click agree as posting from phone at airport Craig, but spot on with your analysis. I use stats on a daily basis and you can spin them any way you like, however if your a downmarket hack with an anti Rangers agenda, carrying a load of bigotry on your shoulders then it's only being spun one way, Big Bad Mad Sectarian Rangers.

Your percentages are a great example of how they will twist what is clearly a very positive set of results to suit their twisted anti Rangers agenda.

Soooo glad I'm out of here for a week, some very warped little people in this country.

Rangers fans top table for charges brought under controversial laws targeting football supporters

DETAILED figures released today show a dramatic increase in the number of football fans charged under the SNP's Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

Rangers fans come out the worst, accounting for 25 per cent of the total charges brought under the legislation, although that figure doesn't take account of their massive fan base.

It's also a fall from previous years. In the 2014/15 figures the proportion of the total charges connected to Rangers fans was 30 per cent.

Ibrox was also the football stadium with the highest proportion of charges brought, with 17 per cent of the total alleged offences taking place there. Morton’s Cappielow Park was the second highest, with 8 per cent

Nine per cent of the charges brought under the act in 2015/16 related to Celtic fans, with Hearts and Kilmarnock fans also making up 9 per cent of the rap sheet.

Ibrox was the ground with the highest proportion of charges

Some 22 per cent of the offensive behaviour was based on religion.

Within that subset, 87 per cent of the charges related to religious hatred against Catholics.

A total of 73 of the 181 charges related to abusive singing, with 2015/16 being the first year that no fans in Scotland were charged for an offensive banner.

Edinburgh and Glasgow are the areas with the highest proportion of charges per 100,000 people, although those are the areas that draw the largest crowds.

Half of the total charges occurred at a football stadium, an increase of 4 per cent on last year. There was a massive increase in charges taking place on public transport – 23 per cent of charges compared to just 5 per cent last year.

The age group of the accused also show that those between 16-20 are most likely to be charged, with 42 per cent of charges relating to that age group.

The match between Hearts and Kilmarnock in October of last year was the game with the highest amount offences, with 20 fans charged.

Reacting to the figures, Justice Secretary Michael Matheson said: "The recent appalling scenes at the Scottish Cup final demonstrated that the unacceptable behaviour of a minority of football fans continues to be a problem.

"An increase in the number of charges under the Offensive Behaviour Act shows that the legislation continues to be an important tool in tackling all forms of offensive behaviour, including sectarianism, and sends a clear message that such behaviour has no place in a modern, open and inclusive society.

"I have asked Scottish football to take further steps to address this long-standing issue and I expect to see progress on this imminently."

But Tory Justice spokesman Douglas Ross said: "“From the SNP’s perspective, this is a brilliant law whether the number of charges is high or low.

“But the truth is it’s unpopular with fans and has been criticised by the courts.

“When the number of charges went down it celebrated the legislation and now, after a 50 per cent hike, it still seems to think the law’s working a treat.

“It’s bad and unnecessary legislation and it needs to be scrapped now.”

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fans-top-table-charges-8155126#uSTXLRVE7viIrVsD.99