Rangers fans' group in crisis as three chiefs quit in row over management

I refer back to my original post re human nature, egos, angles and agendas. Anyone in any position of power will always encounter outside factors peripheral to their main goal, which may or may not influence how they act or behave in any given situation.

I don't know anyone in said organisation and the political posturing again is part and parcel. The best we can hope for, as with any group of people in power, is that they find the right mix and a positive balance between their ego and self interest which is conducive to a productive working relationship for the enhancement of the group.

The collective goal takes president over self interest within any group of people.

I agree with all who say this looks amateurish and should be kept in house, all of those at the top could do with a few sessions with a management consulting company.

As was said in a post above, this isn't a bowling club committee, it's a national institution that thousands are paying money, hard earned money in too, they deserve better, either from those at the top or those who feel their concerns are not being met.

Imo this in house bickering is not helpful, we need to get a grip and sort it out.

Morning all,

I've been watching this develop over the last few days and, as expected it's being spun at those who had the audacity to resign from what appears to be an poorly formed and governed organisation and i'm certainly not referring to RF as a single entity but the umbrella company (ies) that is/are Club 1872. Let's be clear on one point, NO organisation or the club for that matter should be without question, history tells us that this is key to any success and transparency is vital, moving forward. As Fury rightly points out There are a few on SM who are smearing and there are a few ill informed guesses in their statements which is not helpful, however, there are some genuine concerns which i feel should be addressed.

IMO emailing in vs live tweeting is a step back, if you answer is on SM then you are accountable and someone else who may have the same question can see the answer too. Both channels have their advantages but both should be used frequency.

For me it's a question of why did they resign? 1 director is ok....2 is a worry...3 requires answers and if rumours are to be believed there is a 4th coming and from what I've seen so far it's all mud-slinging, zero clarity (they needed a rest...hmmm) and zero thanks,

A couple of key points -

1. Why is nobody questioning the resignation of Kelly Johnstone? a well-respected lady who runs a charity and is well versed in corporate governance - nobody was more excited than her to be on board in what felt like an exciting venture , surely if she believed she was a voice that could be heard and was able to drive changes she would have stayed on board and ran for the Club 1982 board in August? If you've seen her latest twitter post she appears to be upset that she never had thanks from any of the people involved. For me she would have been a great face for Club 1872.

2. Peter Ewart, a financial expert, why was he never confirmed in post? a quick scan of companies house shows that he was never registered as a director, yet the others were. (Richard Gough is a nuance in this, IMO, as I believe he was elected on to drive the merger vote, that appeared to be his sole purpose, i'm yet to see evidence to the contrary although he was never registered either)

3. When Greg resigned his resignation letter was released, why have we not seen the other 3, do they contain information that Club1872 do not want you to see?, Donohoe's reasons appear to be part-quoted and if his statement regarding the member register is true then there is a potential breach of the companies act (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/part/8/chapter/2), further to that how can you legitimately count a member vote when you allegedly cannot accurately state who is a member and who isn't, a truly frightening prospect!? The latest minutes suggest that it "may" be accurate in "may".

4. I'm not 100% on this but i vaguely recall something in the RF AOA which stated that 50% of active members must vote in order for a resolution to be passed? can someone confirm?

RF CIC is THE share purchasing vehicle (as stated in the proposal), it's no coincidence that the RST CIC changed it's purpose from fan ownership because you cannot have 2 CIC's with the same purpose, each CIC will need appointed directors.

The WP have to accept that this is a club1872 issue not an RF issue, you cannot simply attach positive-only news to club1872, when it suits, and append all negative stories to RF or other groups. The guys and gals who were elected to the RF board joined the WP for Club1872 almost immediately and are therefore representatives of it.

if FO is to be truly successful at RFC the organisation driving it need to be honest, open and transparent at all times,

I apologise in advance for the loose construction of this post.

As an outsider who knows practically nothing about the various parties can I ask if anybody is surprised by any of this ?

Imo it was always going to happen due to the mindset of most of those involved.

As long as nobody forgets that THEY are there to serve and represent US and not themselves, it'll all settle down in time. But as previously said, the very second any of them lose sight of that fact, they should be removed promptly.

Completely lost.

The 3 resignees from RF. Are they objecting to givernance within RF now or are they objecting to the strategy it is adopting re.amalgamation?

When Mr Ewart refers to the new RF board, when did this new board come about and who's on it? I'm bewildered.

Typical Scottish media. Everything at Rangers has be a "crisis" Nothing can ever be a mere disagreement among parties leading to a reorganisation if need be.

Posted on Twitter by Kelly J. Seems a bit odd to me, writing to yourself.

Don't know the lass but to me that suggests she has done the right thing and is better off out of it.