Predictions for EURO 2016 Semi-Finals

We also played total amateurs too you'll remember...Zaire for example, mind we had a free kick against them outside the box and they lined their wall up, the ref blew his whistle for it to be taken and one of the Zaire defenders broke and slammed the ball up the park? Funny.

One of the lowest points for me was 1978 going 1-0 up against Peru then losing 3-1

I think it was Kevin Keegan commentating who when Scotland went up 1-0 said "it's going to be 5-0" Yeah right Kev.

Then they followed that up with a 1-1 draw against the mighty Iran and this was a Scotland team littered with real world class. The one bright spot of the entire debacle was this.

We also played total amateurs too you'll remember...Zaire for example, mind we had a free kick against them outside the box and they lined their wall up, the ref blew his whistle for it to be taken and one of the Zaire defenders broke and slammed the ball up the park? Funny.

Our mistake in that one which I remember well because I was at the game lay with our manager.

Ormond was better than most we've had but he got that one disasterously wrong.

Never mind Bremners one yard miss. The Zaire game cost us.

.... The one bright spot of the entire debacle was this...

Yeah, it lasted about 30 seconds, we needed 4-1 they pulled it back 3-2. It was called 'Glorious Failure'...we seemed to have a lot of that back then, not so much now I'm afraid - just Failure!

There were points for: onevision, compo, Little General, YB and blueflag; with onevision and compo gaining full points for correclty predicting the 2-0 scoreline!

No change at the top, but the middle order close the gap slightly. Only two games to go!

Latest Standings:

I've quite enjoyed the tournament. Yes, some of the games have not been great, but it has been a feast of football. Three games per day? Bliss. And, to witness Wales' journey has been brilliant.

The second Semi-Final tonight should be good, with two of the favourites coming together.

Not been so fussed with Wales to be honest. They played well in the first game but were lucky to win, were dreadful against England, won well against the worst Russian team since the CIS in '92, then the game against NI that would have got football stopped, and finally a lucky win against Belgium who dominated them and were denied at least two penalties. Last night they looked nervous, couldnt string three passes together and Bale was marked out the game with ease.

It is a good story but the quality of it when you break it down has been a lot more luck than good play. Unfortunately their loss has meant the truly awful Portugal have reached a final without playing any of the decent sides in the tournament. Talk about the luck of the draw! Even we played better sides than they have faced en route to Manchester.

Tonight is the final before the final, the winners tonight will win on Sunday, of that I have no doubt, and I also have no doubt it will be another snorefest on Sunday with Portugal playing the same brand of diving, kicking, moaning anti-football we have seen from them in 6 games now. A sad end to a good tournament that has had a lot of decent football but lacked one standout team to really enjoy watching.

Not been so fussed with Wales to be honest. They played well in the first game but were lucky to win, were dreadful against England, won well against the worst Russian team since the CIS in '92, then the game against NI that would have got football stopped, and finally a lucky win against Belgium who dominated them and were denied at least two penalties. Last night they looked nervous, couldnt string three passes together and Bale was marked out the game with ease.

It is a good story but the quality of it when you break it down has been a lot more luck than good play. Unfortunately their loss has meant the truly awful Portugal have reached a final without playing any of the decent sides in the tournament. Talk about the luck of the draw! Even we played better sides than they have faced en route to Manchester.

Tonight is the final before the final, the winners tonight will win on Sunday, of that I have no doubt, and I also have no doubt it will be another snorefest on Sunday with Portugal playing the same brand of diving, kicking, moaning anti-football we have seen from them in 6 games now. A sad end to a good tournament that has had a lot of decent football but lacked one standout team to really enjoy watching.

At least Wales had a couple of good games. Portugal are in the final and have done totally nothing. Yesterday they did not even break sweat. I hope they get pumped in the final for been crap and also sooooo obnoxious.

Portugal have been doing what they usually do, ie. just about enough to get past the lower to middle ranked teams.

If old habits die hard then they'll lose when they come up against the big team on Sunday.

I think the tournament has been pretty much what you'd expect a modern day International summer Finals to be with the added feature of more localish wee teams having a go (due to new format).

Lot's of hype

Some decent games

Lot's of mediocre games

English disaster and subsequent fall-out

Germany in the semi-finals

Italy showing tournament nouce/spirit

Host team in semi-finals

'Oh but we used to get to the Finals when I was a lad'

Revelation team(s) and focus

Fan chant focus

- Don't like the format and the 3rd place qualifying option.

- The refs have let too many tackles go and have encouraged cycnical challenges but at the sametime you could argue there has been a better flow to games.

- Lots of the big names (players) have been 'quiet' on the pitch.

- Strange seeing players from Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and none from 'Glasgow clubs'.

Scotland won't but might be wise to consider 'writing off' upcoming WC campaign and instead of going with old experienced heads who have proved they aren't good enough under a manager who failed and who is now increasingly relying on spin, excuses and a friendly media...............appoint someone else with a view to using a younger set of players so as to gain experience looking towards the Euros of 2020.

Edited by buster.

At least Wales had a couple of good games. Portugal are in the final and have done totally nothing. Yesterday they did not even break sweat. I hope they get pumped in the final for been crap and also sooooo obnoxious.

Everyone can find something to hate about this Portugal team, they make it easy. Their style of play means they are very unlikely to ever get pumped, more likely a 2-0 at worst. I am with you though in that if it was a 5-0 the European football community outside Portugal would probably rejoice, even if that meant the Germans winning again!