When actions speak louder than words

Is entering the pitch illegal?,serious question here!

Yes it is.

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

If I'm honest, I'd have hoped this was the kind of thing the club would have consulted with the fans group before sending the letters. At the very least they should have advised them of what they intended to do.

Then as I posted earlier,there were politicians and other "Hibs fans" taking selfies, I hope they are dealt with the same as every other fan

Always gives anybody the option who recognises a face on that pitch who was there "without lawful authority or lawful excuse" to call the police and complain about it. I expect they're obliged to follow up on any such complaint.

If I'm honest, I'd have hoped this was the kind of thing the club would have consulted with the fans group before sending the letters. At the very least they should have advised them of what they intended to do.

But now that the club have taken action I'd suspect that no matter what the fans reps say these guys will remain banned.

Maybe the police have made them aware of something that hasn't been made public yet because it strikes me as peculiar that on the very same day hibs have made similar moves.

Hibs write to fans suspected of Scottish Cup Final pitch invasion telling them their memberships are 'on hold'

And notice this doesn't mention any additional disorder, just being on the pitch at all.

The club understands that supporters were overjoyed to win the Scottish Cup, however we also recognise that anyone leaving their seat and going on to the pitch is a serious matter, amounts to unacceptable conduct and places those on the pitch and others at risk.

It's odd that both are making similar moves on the same day which suggests to me something is going down that we don't know about yet. As has already been proven above the mere act of stepping on to that pitch or the adjacent area is all by itself an offence.

Might it be the case that the cops have indicated an intent to charge every single person on that pitch who can be identified? If that were the case it's of minimal concern to us and massive concern to them because there were thousands of them and possibly a few dozen of ours.

See I look at their forums and right up to this moment there has never been any acknowledgement of having done a single thing wrong from their fans and in fact the opposite is the case. There is an open intent that they would do it all over again if they thought it fitting.

You would imagine that the authorities at least glance over such forums just as I did and have noted this mentality and decided to knock it on the head.

Edited by JFK-1