[FT] Rangers 1 (Mee og 75) - 3 Burnley (Gray 5 pen, 17, 53)

We all know we need a decent CB,but there is no denying the quality movement & finishing a player of Grays' class,and a striker is needed,MW knows this and I'm sure we will see loan players coming in to fill the gaps,although it would be good to sign them,however the financial situation we are in we can't afford them!

Agreed Ian - think we are in decent shape and know we can't afford a Gray but maybe we can unearth the next Andre Gray ☺

We have made some very decent signings already and MOH with a full pre-season is like another new player.

Quite excited about the season and as said we'll not play a better team than Burnley this season.

Agreed Ian - think we are in decent shape and know we can't afford a Gray but maybe we can unearth the next Andre Gray ☺

We have made some very decent signings already and MOH with a full pre-season is like another new player.

Quite excited about the season and as said we'll not play a better team than Burnley this season.

Absolutley mate, we are in a very good position,especially from where we have been,but credit to the board for getting us where we are just now.

With the likes of McParland on board I'm sure the possibilty of getting young guys in who could become the next Andre Gray is not pie in the sky!.

MOH will prove to be invaluable this season with his pace, IMO. Looking forward to the season as well.

Players were in friendly mode and game was very flat - Barton was class and there isn't a better player in Scotland (Nico will be sa me once fully fit).

Difference was a multi-million pound striker the likes we will not face all season - take him out of Burnley team and we would be much of a muchness.

Can see Hudson taking over RB from Tav as he us much more defencely minded.

If can get a centre half and a striker into the squad we'll be in very good shape.

I thought Griffiths and Roberts were multi-trillion players

not a penalty and their second looked a yard off side. halliday stood ball watching when they hit the post and left acres of space for burnley to get in. we really need to get up the park a lot quicker. far too much tippy toe passing with no end result. rossiter and barton will be our central midfileders next season. both stood out a mile today. kcrancjar was rank rotten and should have been subbed at half time. match officials where piss poor though. nearside linesman didnt seem to understand the offside rule.

I thought Griffiths and Roberts were multi-trillion players

He means real multi million pound players:laugh:,you're right though Pete,how they don't get embarrassed with their valuations is beyond me!

Everyone needs to remember we are 1 year in yo a project that could easily take 3 to 4 years to complete , we have no retail income as such , our scouting system has had to be totally rebuilt and is still in the process of getting sorted . our youth program has basically been restored to something approaching what it should be fir a club of our size and stature , I'm actually amazed we are as far into this as we are , we are preparing for life in Scotland to try and win a league , nothing more .

I think it's worth noting that rightly or wrongly we played this game at a really slow tempo, players clearly instructed to be in friendly mode - next Saturday is a much more important game - think we've shown in our League Cup games that when we can move through the gears.

Burnley are exactly the type of side to cause us problems. We struggled to break down their strong, well-organised defensive set-up and were caught on the break, with some poor defending added to the mix, and punished by a lethal finisher -- something we've not seen much of.

It wasn't just a well organised defence. More than that they stopped us playing, especially in the first half.