Rangers v Hamilton - Our mission, should we choose to accept it...

If Hill is fit enough, that could be a decent team with quite a bit of quality on the bench eg: Gilks, Hodson, Rossier, Windass, Krancjar, Dodoo, Miller.

I thought our bench was a bit weak last season but now not too bad, with Holt and Crooks still to come and Wilson suspended.

If Hill is fit enough, that could be a decent team with quite a bit of quality on the bench eg: Gilks, Hodson, Rossier, Windass, Krancjar, Dodoo, Miller.

I thought our bench was a bit weak last season but now not too bad, with Holt and Crooks still to come and Wilson suspended.

I don't think there is any doubt that we have strengthened both the starting XI and the squad depth. However, we do still need better quality at CB, though I trust the manager to be working on that.

I have a gut feeling that Krancjar won't start, nor will Holt for lack of action. One wonders whether MW may keep e.g. Windass on the bench at first, as a full house at Ibrox and the first day back can make your spine have unwanted spasms. With a bit of luck will go for early goals and that may mean a line-up like this:

Foderingham

Tavernier - Hill - Kiernan - Wallace

Barton

Halliday - McKay

O'Halloran - Waghorn - Forrester

... with Barton operating as the DM, and Halliday and McKay as creative attacking midfielders either side of him, though a little more advanced. Windass might take the place of either McKay or more likely Forrester (with McKay moving up top).

Edited by der Berliner
spasms, of course

I have a gut feeling that Krancjar won't start, nor will Holt for lack of action. One wonders whether MW may keep e.g. Windass on the bench at first, as a full house at Ibrox and the first day back can make your spine have unwanted spasms. With a bit of luck will go for early goals and that may mean a line-up like this:

Foderingham

Tavernier - Hill - Kiernan - Wallace

Barton

Halliday - McKay

O'Halloran - Waghorn - Forrester

... with Barton operating as the DM, and Halliday and McKay as creative attacking midfielders either side of him, though a little more advanced. Windass might take the place of either McKay or more likely Forrester (with McKay moving up top).

I would imagine with your team that Forrester would be the deeper player and McKay out wide.

I think Kranjcar is a certainty to start probably at the expense of Forrester.

Thought this might have created a fair bit more discussion.

Hod ahead of Tav? Are our main site readers mental...? :whistle:

Sorry I have been really busy today and have only been on for short bursts.

I have been mucking about not quite being able to settle down. I didn't realise what was wrong until I read your article. I am bloom'n nervous. That is one good point about an early kick-off you are not nervous the whole day. I was supposed to go away for the weekend with the wife but I told her she was on her own so she is now going with my daughter.:rfc:

Calm down everybody. This match in front of a sellout crowd who could be no more excited if it were the Champions league final is going to be a walkover against a relegation candidate.

I mean let's face it. If in a home match we can't crush a Hamilton team who were poor last season and will be even poorer this time out after having lost their only 2 players of any quality at all in Michael McGovern and Ziggy Gordon then we're barely fit to be in this league far less fit to be considered challengers and none of us believe that.

Enjoy the moment. Accies will be duly crushed amid an almost hysterical atmosphere driving the team on from the first whistle to the last.

Edited by JFK-1