Rangers v Hamilton - Our mission, should we choose to accept it...

Just getting to this now and I'm not going to bother reading the thread if it's the same tedious arguments about who's Da' is harder.

In terms of Saturday, I was really disappointed with our performance. Yes, in the main we dominated (again) but we also struggled to really create any quality chances, never mind take them. I thought we defended better in the second half (Tav was my MotM by a fair distance) but we also had some dangerous moments throughout the match and defended poorly at the Accies opener. What we try to do at defensive free-kicks (holding a high line, joining hands and then retreating (usually without marking players) is downright bizarre and will be the end of me.

In a positive sense, I thought we grew into the game in a physical sense (especially Barton who belatedly realised we needed a physical presence in midfield) and, despite Waghorn's injury and going down to ten men, we still could have won the game. I thought Tav played well, Kiernan had a good second half and Forrester was excellent when he came on. Others disappointed me and guys like Wallace and McKay didn't turn up after half-time. Kranjcar isn't fit (not sure he ever will be as he's just too slow to accommodate) whilst Miller was poor despite not having any decent service of note. Halliday made a few good runs forward but switched off continually in a defensive sense.

All in all, it wasn't good enough but we're the team making the step up and I think it was always going to take one or two games for us to adjust to the difference in pace, fitness and strength required. I think Rossiter and Windass would offer us a better balance in midfield and MoH and/or Forrester should be in attack-minded positions too. That would give us a better foundation to build from in games.

Just as well for the Club that your personal opinion doesn't count then because from where I am sitting the Club is in far safer hands than it was with Ashley, Green and Whyte.

This was never in dispute and IMHO (!) anything to the contrary has been put in BH's mouth rather than coming out of it. He is simply stating that King's vest has been blemished with a legal case too, not that he's a cardinal sinner or on par with Whyte et al.

While we are at it, some example about another "similar" case that splits opinons:

On 20 April 2013, it was reported that Hoeneß was being investigated for tax evasion. He was reported to have held a Swiss bank account for the purpose of evading taxes due on investment income, and to owe between €3.2 million and €7 million in taxes to the German state. The reports came after journalists "gained access to a document meant only for internal use by tax officials." Prosecutors from Munich carried out raids in offices of two Bavarian tax offices after Hoeneß filed a complaint. Despite increasing public criticism, Hoeneß has remained in his position as president and chairman of the supervisory board of Bayern Munich.

Hoeneß was accused of tax evasion and his trial began on 10 March 2014. The FC Bayern München AG supervisory board had a "unanimous opinion" that Hoeneß should continue in his role despite being sent to trial.

During the trial, he admitted evading 28.5 million Euros in taxes. He was subsequently found guilty of seven serious counts of tax evasion and sentenced to three and a half years in prison on 13 March 2014. The following day he resigned from his roles as President of Bayern Munich e.V. and chairman of the board of Bayern Munich AG and announced that he would not be appealing against his sentence.

Hoeneß was serving his sentence at Landsberg Prison. Hoeneß wanted to serve his sentence at another prison and submitted a request to transfer from Landsberg Prison. However, Hoeneß reported to Landsberg on 2 June 2014. During the first two weeks of his sentence, Hoeneß was housed in a larger cell with a cellmate "for medical reasons" to adjust to life behind bars. After the initial two weeks, he was moved into a single cell. On 2 January 2015, Hoeneß was granted day release. He had to return to prison at 6 p.m. every night.

There was an alleged attempt to extort €200,000 from Hoeneß whereby he and his family would be subjected to violence unless he paid up. A man was arrested in connection with the scheme.

His imprisonment ended on 29 February 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uli_Hoene%C3%9F

9 out of 10 Bayern fans say that he's served his penalty and that's that. Ask 9 out of 10 non-Bayern fans and the opinion is vice versa. And his case and trouble were far more severe than King's.

Edited by der Berliner