I feel I have to post this after my scathing remarks aimed at the player.

It's pretty much documented about our defensive woes and I'm not slow to agree.

After his display at Ibrox on Tuesday night I'll say I'm encouraged by the man, not because his defensive frailties might have been sorted, more to do with a goal threat no-one saw coming.

It's not uncommon for a central defender to pop up now and again and score from a delivered corner kick, it is though very uncommon for a Rangers central defender to do that especially since we only do short corners.

Happily, we don't do short corners much now and big Clint along with another player who I blasted - Krancjar - are the beneficiaries along with the fans who like to see the ball punted into the box now and again.

Anyway, hats off to Hill - a goal threat I never saw coming. Here's to more of the same big man. :champs:

I feel I have to post this after my scathing remarks aimed at the player.

It's pretty much documented about our defensive woes and I'm not slow to agree.

After his display at Ibrox on Tuesday night I'll say I'm encouraged by the man, not because his defensive frailties might have been sorted, more to do with a goal threat no-one saw coming.

It's not uncommon for a central defender to pop up now and again and score from a delivered corner kick, it is though very uncommon for a Rangers central defender to do that especially since we only do short corners.

Happily, we don't do short corners much now and big Clint along with another player who I blasted - Krancjar - are the beneficiaries along with the fans who like to see the ball punted into the box now and again.

Anyway, hats off to Hill - a goal threat I never saw coming. Here's to more of the same big man. :champs:

It's definitely another welcome option in these times of facing packed penalty areas and we tend to get many corners in most matches. Big Clint may give us a new dimension with Krancjar having the talent to put it directly on to him from corners and that's even before we get Crooks into the mix who is considerably taller than Hill is.

Dundee on Saturday will be an important yardstick. First away match and first league match with no Waghorn. I'm hoping to see close to the same side fielded with Barton, Kranjcar, and Rossiter starting.

Dundee on Saturday will be an important yardstick. First away match and first league match with no Waghorn. I'm hoping to see close to the same side fielded with Barton, Kranjcar, and Rossiter starting.

Right now Barton & Kranjcar in the same midlfield isn't too great tbh!,the two are not match fit and slow us down a wee bit,we need energy in the middle,I'm sure both will get up to speed but right now they are not.

It remains to be seen what Dundee side will turn up on Saturday lunchtime...the one we faced last season or one wearing masks resembling Hamilton Accies (Exclusive property of Championship clubs with nothing else to do but destroy the beautiful game).

Hope the one that faced us last year in the cup come calling as we are finding it a tad difficult to play against the latter.

A plan 'B' should be looked at as a matter of urgency or we'll draw a lot of games this season, maybe the fact we are now not always using the short corner warrants a signal of changing how we approach games.

Other things like passing the ball back or sideways when a forward pass is crying out. Something we could improve on is the 'killer' pass which hopefully is why Barton and Krancjar were brought in for, Dodoo looks the type of player who'll flourish with that type of service.

Meantime I'm expecting improvement from Clint Hill, nothing short of a 'hat-trick' on Saturday from that man will suffice. :cool: