Club 1872 - Board election timetable and info

Surprised he wasn't already aware.

Scott seems very eager but perhaps a bit 'politically' naive. Fair enough we all have different strengths and weaknesses but at least he realised the error of his ways eventually.

Working with (or against) the Scottish media is a minefield as the situation changes regularly. I don't think anyone can work with BBC Scotland as it stands - nor the Daily Record - but, now and again, we will need to get our point of view out so it is a tricky dilemma. Are the Sun and the Herald credible? What about Clyde? I'd say no so that leaves us with very, very few options.

I disagree. You're claiming they were told they had to appear in person so I'd like to know who told them. You don't have to give names of potential candidates.

Christine I didn't ask who told them , I was more bothered about the Shane scenario , as I said before its irrelevant now, it's done and the person that told me isn't bothered anymore , so I'm not getting into someone else's battles , been there done that , not doing it again

FWIW, I believe Scott has pulled out of this after being made aware of the club's issues with BBC Scotland.

"being made aware" Really? What rock has he been living under to not know of how BBC Scotland has been treating our club? He has scored a major OG with this, there must be better candidates available to vote for.

Scott seems very eager but perhaps a bit 'politically' naive. Fair enough we all have different strengths and weaknesses but at least he realised the error of his ways eventually.

Working with (or against) the Scottish media is a minefield as the situation changes regularly. I don't think anyone can work with BBC Scotland as it stands - nor the Daily Record - but, now and again, we will need to get our point of view out so it is a tricky dilemma. Are the Sun and the Herald credible? What about Clyde? I'd say no so that leaves us with very, very few options.

Club 1872 can publish on their own website, on forums like this, FF and the others, facebook, twitter etc, and send emails to their members. If any bears still dont pick a story up from all that, they clearly arent that interested anyway. There is absolutely no need to give any stories to ANY national newspaper or radio station. The papers will pick it up from the website and run it anyway.

"being made aware" Really? What rock has he been living under to not know of how BBC Scotland has been treating our club? He has scored a major OG with this, there must be better candidates available to vote for.

I think some of the people he converses with on social media (including other candidates) are of the opinion that as the club haven't banned BBC Scotland per se (and are supposedly happy to engage with other BBC broadcasters outside of McLaughlin and Spiers) then there's no issue with fans dealing with the BBC

I disagree with that view but I can see why some people may get confused over the state of play.

Edited by Frankie