Partick Thistle prog editor - new club

All these bold internet and twitter heroes in this day and age. Wonder what he'll say when he meets the Bears in real life?

Given that folk who deliberately almost killed our club swan around at will, I guess he'll say whatever he wants. We've been punching bags for years, the Sunday Liam even had a piece saying that (as we lay dying) no-one could ever tire of punching us in the face. A point not lost on Motherwell and Hibs fans. Baffles me given I was a teenage fan in the 70s when everyone was our target (I'm NOT saying that was correct, btw) ....but now we are everyone's favourite patsies and of course if we react 1% to 100% provocation it becomes 50-50 in MSM land.

Edited by SteveC

Am I the only one that thinks you've got to be about as sad as it gets to think repeating something as tedious as the new club mantra which is now many years old, is even the slightest bit funny? Sorry, but even if we choose to ignore it for its patheticness, I can't see how we can even slightly credit it with anything like humour.

It's about as funny as someone making a farting noise for about the thousandth time in a row...

One factor is the majority of them are going to be beaten by us and probably over the course of a season more than once. One way to look at it is that if you think you're being played off the park by a brand new club who have more season ticket holders than your club will match in gate receipts over many home games be my guest. What does that say about your club?

Edited by JFK-1

The responses are typical. Ignore it, it's banter, don't stoop to tims level etc.

This is why we are continually the punchbag. Everyone knows they can take a free kick at Rangers (or their fans) and nothing will ever come of it.

Bigotry is hatred, and this chap, and the PA guy at Dolly for that matter, have hatred for us in abundance. It's calling a rape victim a slut. It wouldn't be allowed in any other circle of society, but feel free to have a pop at Rangers, they are sub-human after all.

If we stood up for ourselves, we could stop this nonsense.

I have good banter with lots of supporters of other clubs that I know, but nobody would dare call me a Hun or a new club supporter as that is not banter, it's bigotry.

The responses are typical. Ignore it, it's banter, don't stoop to tims level etc.

This is why we are continually the punchbag. Everyone knows they can take a free kick at Rangers (or their fans) and nothing will ever come of it.

Bigotry is hatred, and this chap, and the PA guy at Dolly for that matter, have hatred for us in abundance. It's calling a rape victim a slut. It wouldn't be allowed in any other circle of society, but feel free to have a pop at Rangers, they are sub-human after all.

If we stood up for ourselves, we could stop this nonsense.

I have good banter with lots of supporters of other clubs that I know, but nobody would dare call me a Hun or a new club supporter as that is not banter, it's bigotry.

Not sure it's bigotry though the hun thing is but I think the new club thing began as banter but has now carried on for so long it's become tedious and has evolved into something beyond banter it's difficult to put a label on.

And one more thing about the so called banter, it's comical or maybe that's not the word. Maybe retarded that we also can't make a signing without screams of horror about us being able to actually make signings that aren't freebies which is the typical way of it for the vast majority of the paupers of Scottish football. From a hibz grunt since the news of the Garner signing just broke.

The Rangers - at it again with signings

Just on the news about The Rangers about to sign the boy Garner from Preston. £1.5million with only a minor detail to resolve......aye, like you've not got the money!! Said they want to pay half this year and half next year.......sound familiar from the oldco??

Yes indeed, sounds very familiar regarding a club who have just sold more season tickets than his diddy club will in years. Comical and retarded that they have some bizarre fantasy that such a club somehow has no money at all.

Classic, the exuberant ones now starting to argue with each other about a Garner deal being payed in instalments.

MWHIBBIES: Transfers always happen like that, you really think Man United are just giving Juventus 90 million in a briefcase?

Enough Said: Nonsense, Man U situation is totally different and there would of been a big lump paid up front. You really think Preston would be happy at that?

MWHIBBIES: It isn't nonsense, football transfers always work like this. Apologies if I'm getting in the way of an anti-Rangers circlejerk but there is nothing strange about them doing business this way.

Last I heard they were auctioning off patches of Hampden grass to finance a transfer because all the freebies are gone already and there is no parachute money this year.