Watch as thugs – some wearing Rangers tops and others supporting Palestine...

Have you ever seen more than one in the crowd? I certainly can't remember seeing that.

I've seen plenty of different flags being in our crowd over the years, but just because one appears doesn't mean that there's a political inference behind it (and I'm not suggesting that's what you are implying but more making the general point.)

Yeah probably a couple at most, certainly nothing like last nights Hezbollah-a-thon. You're right it's no more prevalent than the American or Canadian flag or indeed the Bosnian flag. I've never seen a Palestinian flag, we've never had a Palestinian player though.

I've a lot of sympathy with the Palestinian people, they've been treated pretty badly by a variety of countries and peoples

Would you have any idea which countries those might be? Would one be Jordan who slaughtered more of them inside a few weeks in the early 70's than Israel has in it's entire history? Or would it be the Arab countries who refuse them entry to their nations and refuse citizenship to any who do make it there?

While on the other hand Israel has given citizenship rights to Palestinians and Arabs of all persuasions and to top that off I lost any sympathy I might have had for them when they freely elected a terrorist group which has this in it's charter.

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Moslem).

See any mention of Zionists in there? All I see is Jews

I bet these clowns at parkhead don't even know that there has never been any state of Palestine in all of it's history, it's nothing but a part of Jordan the Jordanians turned their backs on when the PLO while based in Palestine tried to take over the country. A comment from hamas predecessors the PLO back in the 1970's.

Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here’s what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct “Palestinian people” to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

And that's the be all and end all off it. It's not a struggle for statehood for a place that has never been a state it's simply Jew hating on a level that would have put the nazis in the shade and they're joining in on it. What's to stop them reuniting with Jordan right now?

Had the Jews not annoyed the Romans to no end in 135 CE, they might not have turned the province Syria Judaea into Syria Palaestina (merging Syria Judaea with Syria). To annoy the Jews in turn, the Romans gave the newly formed province the Romanized name of the arch-enemies of the Jews, the Philistines, i.e. Syria Palaestina. You simply did not meddle with the Empire in that day and age.

Quite a chunk of the country claimed by Israel after its foundation was that of the Roman province of Judea, so whose land it "really" is is very much up to debate. For quite a number of the people involved, it has long since surpassed these rather mundane quarrels.

Had the Jews not annoyed the Romans to no end in 135 CE, they might not have turned the province Syria Judaea into Syria Palaestina (merging Syria Judaea with Syria). To annoy the Jews in turn, the Romans gave the newly formed province the Romanized name of the arch-enemies of the Jews, the Philistines, i.e. Syria Palaestina. You simply did not meddle with the Empire in that day and age.

Quite a chunk of the country claimed by Israel after its foundation was that of the Roman province of Judea, so whose land it "really" is is very much up to debate. For quite a number of the people involved, it has long since surpassed these rather mundane quarrels.

And what Israel actually got in 1948 was just 10% of the area originally proposed which was then gradually reduced to the 10% they got and which they agreed to due to Arab screams of protest and we're talking about Arabs far away from the actual location who don't border it.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with any worries about any Palestinians, that wan't even raised at all until 1967 when after being defeated in the 5th of five wars they launched at Israel in just 19 years they decided to invent this nation of Palestine since it was becoming patently obvious that despite outnumbering the Israelis scores of times over and having vastly more money and vastly larger armies they were so incompetent that they were never going to beat this tiny nation with a relative handful of people on a battlefield.

The entire thing is simply down to the fact that they can't stand Jews having a square foot of ground of their own anywhere. And for anyone who isn't aware of how tiny it actually is and we're talking just 8 miles across in places here is a map with the red arrow pointing at the tiny scrap of Israel in green amid a sea of Arab lands.

You can also just see in that the tiny bite of the West bank pushing into Israel at it's narrowest point which is another thing they go insane about. A barely park sized patch of land less than a quarter the size of Glasgow that supposedly is valid excuse to go suicidally insane about for almost 70 years and counting.

freedom1.jpg

Glasgow is very progressive...Star of David at Ibrox and Palastine flags at smellydome. Proddy's and tims are becoming things of the past. What next? BBC Scotland's Sportscene presenter Nicola Sturgeon presenting the show in her knickers (ugh) because Scotland won the World Cup as an Independent Country.

Go on man...you'd LOVE that. Haha!

Taking things to a serious level...can Scotland win the World Cup as an Independent?

Can sellick win the champions league or hibz win a national trophy before everyone who can remember their last is dead?