Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

I think it's worrying that a lot of our players still don't look match fit and sharp. Compared to last season we are a long way off the fitness and energy levels it would seem. Doesn't look like it's just the new guys either. We could be doing with a few more games before this Celtic game to get up to speed though adrenaline might get us through that one

Finally, as much as criticism of the team is valid we have to show some patience as well. The booing of the team at half-time on Saturday and the desperation of some fans to get on the players' backs during games - particularly at Ibrox - is very poor form and extremely unhelpful. Seeing thousands leave ahead of the winner also disappointed me. We rightly demand commitment from our players but, quick, let's get down the road to avoid subway or traffic queues? Bizarre doesn't begin to describe it. Perhaps spoilt is more accurate?

I am flabbergasted anyone would boo this current team and management as things stand. Had we been 4-0 down without a point and out the league cup it may have been justified. But attitudes like this will drive Warburton away.

The teams needs a bit of tweaking in midfield and once it clicks we will give a few teams a hiding.

I think the work done in the transfer market in the short space of time is phenomenal, the management and board deserve a pat on the back. Considering loanees left, out of contract players left and people not pulling their weight and taking a wage like Templeton left. It put us down to the bare bones for a return to the top flight but if anyone had told us back in say April a few short months ago that Barton and Kranjcar (along with probably Hill who comes with a good CV) had signed along with Liverpools best U21 England International plus a striker on the fringes of the English Champions id have said Mike Ashley must have become a hero over night and opened his wallet.

Edited by Gribz

I think it's worrying that a lot of our players still don't look match fit and sharp. Compared to last season we are a long way off the fitness and energy levels it would seem. Doesn't look like it's just the new guys either. We could be doing with a few more games before this Celtic game to get up to speed though adrenaline might get us through that one

See, I was thinking the same at times so far this season but, in almost every game, we've finished the stronger. Even against Accies with ten men we looked fitter and most likely to grab a later winner.

As such, I think the biggest issue is the pace of the game. We're too languid in possession at times and it's too easy for teams to sit deep and crowd us out. However, by the same token, because we are still dominating the ball (and territory) we are tiring teams out. Therefore, although there's not much space to take advantage of for perhaps the first 60mins of games, it does open up later on.

In general I think the opposition teams are just a bit sharper, quicker and fitter than last season and it's taking us a while to adapt to (or match). Like you say, we'll get there and hopefully before the even tougher games.

I am flabbergasted anyone would boo this current team and management as things stand. Had we been 4-0 down without a point and out the league cup it may have been justified. But attitudes like this will drive Warburton away.

The teams needs a bit of tweaking in midfield and once it clicks we will give a few teams a hiding.

I think the work done in the transfer market in the short space of time is phenomenal, the management and board deserve a pat on the back. Considering loanees left, out of contract players left and people not pulling their weight and taking a wage like Templeton left. It put is down to the bare bones for a return to the but if anyone had told us back in say April a few short months ago that Barton and Kranjcar (along with probably Hill who comes with a good CV) had signed along with Liverpools best U21 England International plus a striker on the fringes of the English Champions id have said Mike Ashley must have become a hero over night and opened his wallet.

The attitude of sections of the crowd on Saturday really was disappointing.

Now, I was as frustrated as anyone else with the performance. The midfield wasn't working, we weren't creating enough chances and we were too casual defensively. However, the players were trying hard enough and Motherwell were defending well. They set up to frustrate us and it worked perfectly as they moved as a large ten man unit back and forth across the pitch (including McDonald who worked his arse off) to stifle us. It was annoying, more so when we conceded a cheap goal, but that's football.

To me, some bears have gotten so used to the negativity surrounding the club/team in recent years, they are too eager to buy into it instead of appraising where we are sensibly. I'm not saying we should be excusing bad performances or removing criticism - just be a bit more balanced and positive at times.

On Saturday there was no way 'Well were going to keep up their hard work for 90mins and they arguably got lucky at the goal. As such, as long as we kept plugging away and the inevitable subs did their job, I was comfortable that we'd get back into it just as we did against Hamilton and just as we have done countless times through history.

The way some fans act is as if they'd never seen all of this before. We have (and much worse) so let's deal with it and support what is a tricky transition period for all concerned.

I found myself pondering similar on Saturday night re how we would perform at tynecastle and up at the sheep etc? At first I was quite worried how we would cope however that entered my mind, Frankie's point re the opposition opening up. I actually feel that at those two venues in particular we will find we have a lot more space as they will come at us looking for a win.

Don't hold your breath at the farmyard, I'm anything but hopeful I'm afraid, although I think we will definitely score their.

On Saturday's support, I write in a previous post how disappointing it was to see people's reaction. The booing at half time was disgraceful and the usual "mass evacuation" post 75mins(it's 1-1 not 5-0) as I've said on numerous occasions it's perfectly understandable if you have kids or infirm yourself, you don't want to be stuck it the end. I just don't understand why you would leave early and not support your team till the end? That guy I heard on the radio that left at half time?? Wow??? If you don't want to support your team, fine, give your seat to someone who does.

Edited by cooponthewing

I found myself pondering similar on Saturday night re how we would perform at tynecastle and up at the sheep etc? At first I was quite worried how we would cope however that entered my mind, Frankie's point re the opposition opening up. I actually feel that at those two venues in particular we will find we have a lot more space as they will come at us looking for a win.

Don't hold your breath at the farmyard, I'm anything but hopeful I'm afraid, although I think we will definitely score their.

In many ways I think it's the games at home against 'Well and Accies that are tougher.

The bigger games will be more open and I've no doubt the players (and fans) will be well up for the battle. Will we win? I don't know but we're certainly capable of doing so and we can be the 12th man in that respect.

I have to admit that for the first time since he joined us I was pissed off at Warburton both at his team selection and his subs.

Playing Miller upfront and playing both Halliday and Barton as the attacking midfielders doesn't work.

There was one point when Miller fell deep and there was nobody in front of the midfield for anyone to pass the ball to. He can't do that if the attacking mids don't make Holt like runs.

He then takes off Forrester and leaves on Miller and plays him wide, which was baffling, although I now subscribe to TB's theory that he decides on his subs before the game and doesn't make them on the basis of who is playing well and who isn't, or on how the game is going, and is just on whose turn it is to get subbed.

We played great football last season with a lot of passing and moving, but the same level of movement isn't happening this season, presumably due to the change in personnel. As Gribz says, perhaps it does just need tweaked but the system that we used so effectively last season just isn't working with the current team selection, injuries and increased quality of opposition not withstanding.

Have we really got 5 out of our next 7 away from home.

League matches, yes, we have the Betfred QF in there too though..It balances out in December when we have six league matches and four at home.

Edited by cooponthewing