Penetrating parked buses - Substitution impact v Motherwell

My guess is he'll be on the bench but surely Kranjcar HAS to start, we are nowhere near good enough to keep that degree of quality on the bench, match fit or not; and he certainly won't get match fit coming on for 30 minutes.

Depends on the rest of the midfield and/or how we set up.

Depends on the rest of the midfield and/or how we set up.

Beg to differ.

Kranjcar is head and shoulders above anything else we have; he should be the first name on the team sheet, no matter how we set up.

There is no comparison whatsoever between him and Halliday for example; that was plain for all to see when he came on, on Saturday.

If we are staying 4-3-3 then I would have Rossiter, Barton & Kranjcar.

I think it's only a matter of time before we start giving teams a right good hiding that our play deserves, Joe Garner will relish the chances we create (I hope). FWIW, wee Rossiter is fast become my favourite player.

I said the same thing to a few work colleagues, i believe things will "click" very soon and a team will take a pasting! I think we are missing wee Holt, he is very good at dragging our midfield up the park and getting in to the box at the right time. But once fully fit Kranjcar will be doing the same.

We mustn't let sentiment get in the way of selecting our best midfield, for me it has to be Kranjcar/ Barton/ Rossiter

Beg to differ.

Kranjcar is head and shoulders above anything else we have; he should be the first name on the team sheet, no matter how we set up.

There is no comparison whatsoever between him and Halliday for example; that was plain for all to see when he came on, on Saturday.

If we are staying 4-3-3 then I would have Rossiter, Barton & Kranjcar.

Thought he was quite poor when he started against the Accies. Don't think he's got the legs to play ninety mins and perhaps not even to start a game. Seems ideal to come on as opponents get tired for the time being. We all hope he gets truly fit but also have to realise that he might not ever get to the stage where he contributes well for a full ninety mins.

We are not moving the ball as quickly as we were last season,I don't think Barton & Kranjcar are match fit yet so hopefully once they are then we will start passing with pace and movement,it is also clear we miss Holt with his industry and blind side runs,also Windass looks like he has pace,so all in all things will get better,sooner rather than later we all hope!.

Edited by ian1964

It may be the case that Garner will massively change things up front and it's extremely timely for us that the media have clarified over the weekend after the Griffiths dive that going down is not cheating it's just 'trying to gain an advantage'

It's timely because according to Preston fans a feature of Garner is that if all is lost in the sense that neither he nor a team mate can acquire the ball in the danger zone he will take the opportunity to go down if it's given. Trying to 'gain an advantage' not cheating.

In addition to that I have concerns about how referees in Scotland will treat his overall play because everyone from the Preston fans to players who have played with and against him attest that this is an extremely physical guy and any defender up against him is going to know after the game that he has 'been in a match'

A common description of him is that he is a super aggressive 'human battering ram' and who knows this may be just one reason the manager has decided to spend so much money on him given the packed defences we so regularly encounter.

Garner is also somewhat demonstrative and almost certain to be hated by opposing players and fans alike as he just seems to love to get up their noses and if it riles up the opposition on the pitch it can inly be of benefit to us. A little example of his antics after merely winning a corner.