Club Statement

Does anyone know what the SFA intend to do ? Are they going to try & take action against us & Hibz?

They do intend to take action Rab but all action will be limited to the conduct refered to in the complaints issued against both clubs. As you can see in the Hibs complaint there is no reference whatsoever to the violent conduct against our players and staff

2epq5na.png

A good statement which has gone as far as it can at this point. It has zeroed in perfectly on the seriousness of the lack of attention to player safety, while at the same time highlighting the parochial approach of the SFA of focusing their attention on mere monetary items.

The SFA(and/or the cabal) are once again reminding us of their dominance over us and their complete disdain to any reaction we may have to their justice. The next step, however, will be extremely difficult to negotiate. Registering our outrage will have no effect on the SFA and yet it would seem that the club has to be bold in its actions now to achieve any satisfactory movement from the SFA.

It may be that external arbitrators may have to be established to bring about a solution which is seen to be satisfactory to all concerned.

What will that do to the present bridge-building efforts, I wonder?

The SFA are trying to aportion equal blame to both Rangers & Hibz which is nonsense.

Hibz were the main instigators ( when their supporters came onto the pitch in much greater numbers than Rangers supporters) & must accept the lion's share of the blame for what happened thereafter.

Any other judgement is ridiculous

I must be in the minority here!,I'm not convinced by this statement,although I will wait and see what follows.

I agree with you Ian. Someone said in another post they feel like chucking it, tbh I feel similar. We are getting shafted in all directions and have been for a long long time. The board and club look like they are going to accept this imho. I hope I'm wrong and hope I get pelters for being wrong, but I suspect I will be right.

We must tackle them l legally to end this blatant discrimination.

What options are open to the Rangers board?,I know the fans could harm other clubs by boycotting away games but that won't happen,although I believe it should!,how many more kickings are we to take?.

I imagine the club look at fan forums such as this one to judge the feelings of the fans on such issues as the SFA statement. Now i'm not saying anyone should read anything into this but last night a forum user with the name I think it was D KING123 or something like that who apparently has been a member for a few years or so but has never posted was looking at our topic on the SFA statement.

Now today we have this.

A good statement at this time just to put the message out there that the club totally disagree with it, which is all they can do before looking at it in depth.

Withdrawing from the cup would probably give them an opportunity as per what Ian has just said. id imagine we have already entered it as I think all clubs have to do so before the start of the competition so pulling out may have red tape. Its certainly what I would do for starters though sighting concern of safety.