Club Statement

The SFA cannot do anything about it, because it did not happen.

I believe Police Scotland have arrested 64 folks on the field, none have been charged with assaulting players.

A timeline on this topic would be useful.

On a related matter, the recent Hearts/Sellik fixture at Tynecastle fallout continues. Today's Herald is offering the CCTV system at Tynecastle does not record sound, thus complaints of sectarian chanting cannot be progressed. The ten day delay and changes to the SPFL Observer's report are not dealt with; but again, if it did not happen, what can be done? The Emperor's new clothes indeed!

As Hibs supporters on the field out-numbered Rangers supporters by at least 10-1 I guess only 6 of those arrested were Rangers supporters.

As Hibs supporters on the field out-numbered Rangers supporters by at least 10-1 I guess only 6 of those arrested were Rangers supporters.

Well, I refer to the posting on Bella Caledonia from a month past. At that point, 40 arrests had been made by Police Scotland, the vast majority based upon released imagery. The poster assured the readership that 36 of the 40 were Rangers supporters, based on geographical addresses. The post was removed within the hour, because the speculation was it emanated from a PF Office. The Pie and Bovril site ran with the information in a triumphalist manner for a few hours, then deleted the thread.

The next part is anecdotal, I spoke with an old school friend who is neither a Bear, nor a Hibee. He is a recently retired senior police officer. He described Police Scotland as a Curate's egg, good in parts. He thought the 36 out of 40 figure was likely because the Glasgow part of the force were efficient with imagery, selecting and processing. He reckoned Edinburgh would be behind the curve, but would catch up ie the later images would be Hibs supporters. It would appear the Justice system is seeking parity on the numbers. Equal empirical evidence equals equality of blame.

Reference our players being assaulted, we have to rely on the players union demanding the necessary answers.

Well, I refer to the posting on Bella Caledonia from a month past. At that point, 40 arrests had been made by Police Scotland, the vast majority based upon released imagery. The poster assured the readership that 36 of the 40 were Rangers supporters, based on geographical addresses. The post was removed within the hour, because the speculation was it emanated from a PF Office. The Pie and Bovril site ran with the information in a triumphalist manner for a few hours, then deleted the thread.

The next part is anecdotal, I spoke with an old school friend who is neither a Bear, nor a Hibee. He is a recently retired senior police officer. He described Police Scotland as a Curate's egg, good in parts. He thought the 36 out of 40 figure was likely because the Glasgow part of the force were efficient with imagery, selecting and processing. He reckoned Edinburgh would be behind the curve, but would catch up ie the later images would be Hibs supporters. It would appear the Justice system is seeking parity on the numbers. Equal empirical evidence equals equality of blame.

Reference our players being assaulted, we have to rely on the players union demanding the necessary answers.

While having a laugh at Rangers, players from other clubs should also take note of this and remember it also affects them. With the Police not taking action and the SFA only interested in getting it filed away as quietly as possible it has now been shown twice that supporters entering the pitch and assaulting players is acceptable. I almost wish our support would do it to see what the reaction would be against us. Don't do it bears we will find a new tougher zero tolerance line has been introduced.

While having a laugh at Rangers, players from other clubs should also take note of this and remember it also affects them. With the Police not taking action and the SFA only interested in getting it filed away as quietly as possible it has now been shown twice that supporters entering the pitch and assaulting players is acceptable. I almost wish our support would do it to see what the reaction would be against us. Don't do it bears we will find a new tougher zero tolerance line has been introduced.

They would just invent a new rule for Rangers,like they have done before!