Celtc no more old firm

You think so Ian?? I'm not so sure mate? Yeh I have a ticket so I will go, but it's not like a semi or a final where you are desperate to go.

I wouldn't nor ever have been fussed about going there. Great if you get a ticket but if I don't then I don't bother.

Maybe it's just me??

I'm certain mate,you only need to look whenever a boycot is asked for!,no way it would happen!

The problem you have here though is the Rangers fans that want to go to the piggery!,no matter what they want to go,if we reduced thier allocation then they would do the same which would send our fans crazy

Suppose so Ian but in my mind that's a price worth paying....

Maybe the Celtic brand is bigger. I mean even Rangers supporters are posting about Celtic in Rangers Chat.

Imagine that eh!,our next match is against the BHEASTS and posting about them in Rangers chat!,shocking!,staunch as feck:facepalm:

Edited by ian1964

• 2 weeks later...
Celtic have told staff not to use the term old firm according to Gerry McC.

"I believe Celtic's decision to cease with 'Old Firm' tag is based on a belief the club brand is bigger on its own. Not a 'newco' stance."

Is that because Celtic, that club from Oirlund died in 1994 and came back as Pacific Shelf 508?

Frankly couldn't give a damn what the yahoos think. We're the same club from 1872 to present day on the SPFL and UEFA websites. That's all that matters.Maybe yahoos don't know how to access the internet?

And the 'club brand is bigger on its own' ??? :roflmao:

They spent the last four seasons playing in front of half empty stadiums at home !!! Aye never missed us

You couldn't make this up.

Agree with the first part, Celtic no more.

Can't believe their arrogance, ( well I can) I mean Liewell is enough hot air, but they have had 4 years the top league without us, still doesn't mean there brand is bigger globally and there will always be an Old Firm, wouldn't have the same appeal without us.

Is that because Celtic, that club from Oirlund died in 1994 and came back as Pacific Shelf 508?

Aye, that lot can't spell irony let alone comprehend the meaning. They are ridiculed on national radio over this moon howling madness on a regular basis. Genuinely it's delusional to the extreme. Bams, one and all!!

Now, have a closer look at that ...

A) In-house, they will deal with the fixture as a normal league game. Which is fine for them, as they have dealt with many interesting things in-house for years. More recently they let the Green brigade do as it wishes at European nights and ahead of Old Firm fixtures. They deal with a sex-scandal that forced a long-time employee out of house. Yes, in-house has some tradition over there.

B) Their brand is bigger than that of the Old Firm. Well, this sure reflects in TV selling figures of years gone by. And attendance figures ... well those which the turnstiles actually counted. But there is also that neat little detail that each time something naughty happens which includes Celtic and (sic) Rangers supporters, the compliant media speaks of the Old Firm. More often than not, when it is clearly Celtic fans at fault. Should it be Rangers fans who are naughty, the term Old Firm will vanish and the term Celtic won't appear. So either case, we are always get dragged into it. Just remember the smashed toiletts, who are "by default" under cover of the gentlemen's agreement, but who are splashed all over the compliant Scottish media in a way that you have to look to the foreign press to actually find any outrage about effigies, sectarian banners and the like. Will they really want to cast the Old Firm shield away? Well, rest assured, the media won't. Else they might be in trouble with the Celtic lawyership.

C) You know, in their warped mentality it will probably work, since they will actually believe it. That is that the TV audiences and new deals are solely up and there due to the fact that they are grand and glorious and carrying the flag for Scotland, freedom and world peace.

They better tell the TV companies there is no Old Firm and that they are big enough all alone, i'm sure TV would be interested to hear about that.

Another thing that I personally am interested in is how many league matches did they charge 50 quid for on their own? Did they charge 50 quid for a local Derby game with Partick?

What they're doing is humoring the crazies in their following. The same crazies who want to 'kill all huns' and think hanging effigies is acceptable behavior at a football match.