New Kit Boycott

Ah well the focus seems to be whether babies in club merchandise are socially acceptable, fair enough but that wasn't really the point of my original question.

let me try again

I'm new here so only fair you know my own position,

I long for the day SD and MA are no longer associated with our club

I do not patronise the club shop

I no longer regularly look online for official merchandise

Nearly all my rangers related purchases are either vintage products or RSC related.

but I do have a Rangers calendar, have bought baby products and family members have bought me bits and pieces over the last year or so, all presumably generating revenue for SD.

In light of this, I am reluctant to condemn the fans who have bought the new tops, and just wondered if anyone else was similarly compromised in this matter.

Oh, and just to clarify, the baby does not go around in his pram slabbered in rangers gear (but he was bedecked in colours for a photo which was sent to Rangers family abroad) and I have checked with his mum and he shows no initial signs of brainwashing, perhaps the SNP named person may have other ideas, who knows?

Ah well the focus seems to be whether babies in club merchandise are socially acceptable, fair enough but that wasn't really the point of my original question.

let me try again

I'm new here so only fair you know my own position,

I long for the day SD and MA are no longer associated with our club

I do not patronise the club shop

I no longer regularly look online for official merchandise

Nearly all my rangers related purchases are either vintage products or RSC related.

but I do have a Rangers calendar, have bought baby products and family members have bought me bits and pieces over the last year or so, all presumably generating revenue for SD.

In light of this, I am reluctant to condemn the fans who have bought the new tops, and just wondered if anyone else was similarly compromised in this matter.

Oh, and just to clarify, the baby does not go around in his pram slabbered in rangers gear (but he was bedecked in colours for a photo which was sent to Rangers family abroad) and I have checked with his mum and he shows no initial signs of brainwashing, perhaps the SNP named person may have other ideas, who knows?

Your Baby is only a Baby once and you will never get another chance of taking that photo so I can fully understand your position. I think that is what they call a necessary evil.

Both my daughter and son were bedecked in Rangers apparel from birth. It was a more innocent time then, and this did not create a moral dilemma. As we do not live in Scotland, this was my way of supporting the club financially as we were unlikely to get the chance to attend matches on a regular basis. My favourite photos of my children are of them proudly either wearing or holding up the jersey. If they have been brainwashed into supporting Rangers then I consider that I have succeeded as a parent!

My son is currently on trial with the Rangers U20's. I am firmly of the opinion that the fact that he has been a supporter from birth (albeit in a foreign land many miles from Ibrox) and had the photos to prove it, probably was the final factor in Craig Mulholland agreeing to the trial!

Although I will not personally purchase any Rangers branded equipment due to the retail 'arrangement', I would never condemn any other supporter for their decision. There may be a myriad of reasons why they have made their purchase and every individual ultimately needs to weigh these up and make their own decisions.

I'm enjoying the debate guys, how did we get from me sitting at Glasgow airport with a lego muncher decked in muank gear to Bears buying merchandise though??lol. Btw it's sizzling where I am

:hols::eek2::angry::hammer::flipa:

signed

Jealous bar steward.:D

Both my daughter and son were bedecked in Rangers apparel from birth. It was a more innocent time then, and this did not create a moral dilemma. As we do not live in Scotland, this was my way of supporting the club financially as we were unlikely to get the chance to attend matches on a regular basis. My favourite photos of my children are of them proudly either wearing or holding up the jersey. If they have been brainwashed into supporting Rangers then I consider that I have succeeded as a parent!

My son is currently on trial with the Rangers U20's. I am firmly of the opinion that the fact that he has been a supporter from birth (albeit in a foreign land many miles from Ibrox) and had the photos to prove it, probably was the final factor in Craig Mulholland agreeing to the trial!

Although I will not personally purchase any Rangers branded equipment due to the retail 'arrangement', I would never condemn any other supporter for their decision. There may be a myriad of reasons why they have made their purchase and every individual ultimately needs to weigh these up and make their own decisions.

Wish your son all the very best Davie in chasing the dream. I can only hope that one day my own son has that opportunity - being a supporter of the Club it adds to the significance of having the trial and, hopefully, subsequent success !

Wish your son all the very best Davie in chasing the dream. I can only hope that one day my own son has that opportunity - being a supporter of the Club it adds to the significance of having the trial and, hopefully, subsequent success !

Thanks Craig, it is almost surreal. The chances of a young boy from Durban getting the chance to be spotted by Rangers and to have supported the team all of his life, is just beyond belief. He was taken around Ibrox and Auchenhowie on Monday and sent me the photos. Thought I was going to burst with pride!

Thanks Craig, it is almost surreal. The chances of a young boy from Durban getting the chance to be spotted by Rangers and to have supported the team all of his life, is just beyond belief. He was taken around Ibrox and Auchenhowie on Monday and sent me the photos. Thought I was going to burst with pride!

At a Q&A, I once asked Richard Gough, who was the best ever SA Ranger - Kitchenbrand, Hubbard or Gough? he replied Hubbard.

I sincerely hope, that in the future, your son is not only added to this illustrious list but goes on to top the poll.

Well done to both him and you.

Edited by gaspard