• Craig Houston
    • James Blair
    • Johnathan McGookin
    • Scott McCulloch
    • James Durrant
    • Kelly Johnstone
    • Brian Donohoe
    • Iain Martin

If a candidate states something that is patently untrue then I think Club1872 are right to inform the members. The members don't know if the legal or accountancy qualifications claimed by a candidate are legit or not, in that case I would be grateful if someone in the know told me.

Donohoe has made statements that are manifestly untrue, I know he's an ex politician and telling lies comes easily to them but it ain't good enough for Rangers.

Brian Donohoe states in his application that there is “every indication that half the contributions could well be handed over to the Football Club to meet expenditure that, it could be argued, is more the responsibility of the Club than any fans’ group”.

Mr Donohoe also states that he has “held a number of senior posts within Government”. Club 1872 has been unable to verify that this is the case. Mr Donohoe did serve as a PPS but the UK Parliament’s own website does not consider this a Government post and it could not accurately be described as senior.

If he included something in his statement that was untrue, then the people overseeing the election process should have asked him to prove the allegations made, or withdraw them from his statement PRIOR to them being released. I think his concerns about the amount that COULD go to pay for things that some may consider is the responsibility of the club is a very valid one that has been shared by some on here and elsewhere when discussions regarding C1872 are taking place. If it is left to the reader to believe if that could get to as high as half the contributions, they can make their own decision if this is possible or nonsense. That alone would be enough to ensure some dont vote that way.

The fact they have allowed his statement to remain, and adding a caveat to it is clearly designed to taint the voting pool and smear the candidate. It is disgusting behaviour by whoever is running this election process. Then the candidate turns up for a hustings that all candidates have been asked to attend, and a video goes onto the C1872 website smearing him again for not advising them beforehand. There can be no doubt whatsoever that Mr Donohoe is not wanted by those unelected people who are running Club1872 at the moment and they are doing everything they can to ensure he is not elected. i'm sorry, but that stinks.

Has C1872 researched every candidates CV and work history, or only the ones it doesnt want to win?

I will be glad when this so-called election is over and the unelected current office-bearers (dont know who they are so nothing personal) are gone and the elected members can proceed with trying to build a name for Club 1872 that is worthy. The start Club 1872 has made on media affairs is good, but internally it has done little right to date. I desperately want it to work as we all know how badly we need it to work and the huge job it has just on challenging the media never mind anything else, so these guys and girls have a massive job to do and i can only hope they are left to get on with it without any outside influence.

I have totally no idea who anybody is but do I need to put on my tin hat to say I think 2 of the 7 should be female given that they have the skills.

I dont care if any of them are female, male, white, black, or whatever, I want the best candidates for the job. As it happens I think at least one of the females would be a great board member and she gets my vote on her ability alone. I just dont get this numbers/ratios stuff. If all 7 were black catholic females but were all Rangers supporters and the best candidates, I would be delighted in the same way as if all 7 are white protestant males.

They are all candidates, no more, no less.

As a sidenote to the subject, did anyone else complete the online survey from Rangers yesterday ? I got through the "who is good/bad for football" bits but got bogged down and eventually bored with the "companies you associate with Rangers/football" stuff. Sad to report I gave up before the end.

In my opinion the whole exercise was a failure. Find out what the fans think and want. Sponsors will only ever come down to who is offering the most money and the fans opinion will get ignored anyhow.

If a candidate states something that is patently untrue then I think Club1872 are right to inform the members. The members don't know if the legal or accountancy qualifications claimed by a candidate are legit or not, in that case I would be grateful if someone in the know told me.

Donohoe has made statements that are manifestly untrue, I know he's an ex politician and telling lies comes easily to them but it ain't good enough for Rangers.

Brian Donohoe states in his application that there is “every indication that half the contributions could well be handed over to the Football Club to meet expenditure that, it could be argued, is more the responsibility of the Club than any fans’ group”.

Mr Donohoe also states that he has “held a number of senior posts within Government”. Club 1872 has been unable to verify that this is the case. Mr Donohoe did serve as a PPS but the UK Parliament’s own website does not consider this a Government post and it could not accurately be described as senior.

The election process has been interesting to say the least.

SDS have been blamed with "not vetting" applications which is not accurate at all. I approached SDS for comment and was told that they were there as a third party to ensure that applications met the criteria set out on the club 1872 website, which the majority did. They actually rejected 2 that didn't...

At this point the Club1872 working party have a duty to protect it's members and if indeed donohoes statement is untrue, they reject it... as in any normal application process, if it does not meet criteria or is misleading you reject it, simple as that. you don't even need a statement....What happens next is a leading statement and a barrage of email reminders to advise you pretty much to not to vote for him...very unprofessional. to be clear i'm not defending donohoe however i feel he could have been handled in a more professional manner, it looks like a PR stunt.

the points bearger kindly highlighted above are very interesting, in that James blair has been asked if club1872 would own any assets and he doesn't believe they would under the projects CIC which begs the question, what is it actually for? is it community benefiting or is it plc benefitting....time will tell. The removal of pre-emption rights could kill the FO dream forever, you could suggest that the PLC want to protect their investment and shareholding , the removal of those rights means they can go to any party and offer them shares without having to offer them to other shareholders instantly diluting the other shareholders shares. For a better explanation watch the final hustings video, Mr Mcgookin articulates it very well. The board may be Rangers fans but i'm sure they would also like a return on their investment, which makes them very different to you or me IMO. 2012 has taught me you cannot trust everyone, just because they own and run RFC.

Which leads me on to my next point, COI, I've heard varying statements on this "he could walk out the room", "we all have a COI because we are rangers fans". The fact of the matter is if JB has to make a call which would not directly benefit the PLC or damage it's market rep in some way then he's going to choose the PLC every time, You cannot state that this will never happen and it HAS to be considered, The PLC pay his law firm for his legal services and there is a chance he will have a competition clause in his contract which will protect the PLC. It's no surprise he's offering another year to finish the work he started...i'm sure he has worked tirelessly but ii don't believe he should be standing.

I find it odd that some candidates have been picked over others or "invited" to appear in the newspapers, I don't think it's a coincidence that they are RST-backed members either, each person has their own unique story to tell and it should be a catch -all process so everyone has a fair chance. Alex Wilson appearing is not a surprise, he's Paul Murrays friend and was one of the blue knights, so folk would be naturally interested in his involvement .

OMOV -it's important to remember that the club1872 board have an influence over it's members, "do you wish to unite the fans groups?", This is a Leading statement i.e Prompting desired answer, so in this case it leads you into voting yes because if you vote no you don't wish to unite fans groups... are we really surprised it was an "overwhelming majority"? of which less than 3k voted...if we can afford to pay for 50k leaflets to put around the stadium, advertising space (all non-member approved purchases) in the stadia and press room we can surely afford to reach out to the offline member base and encourage them to vote via another medium... text, telephone, postal, paper... etc.? I can see why tannochside bear thinks this is a heavily slanted process, from the outside looking in, it certainly appears that way.

This board will have a collective responsibility of over £1m in fans cash, each and every one of you should be able to trace your donation from start to finish, without question. Absolute transparency.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish good luck to all candidates and i hope you hear and share some of the concerns raised in this thread, all very pertinent and concerning.

Didn't receive one? :(

It came through as an email mate. I don't know how to link or reference it.

" As a valued supporter, The Club would like you to participate in a fan survey and offer you the chance to win some wonderful prizes.

Your responses are incredibly important to us as they will help us learn more about your views and preferences. The survey should take no more than sixteen minutes to complete and the answers you provide will help us better understand how to improve our offerings.

In return for your time, we are giving away prizes to be awarded at random to supporters who complete the survey. You will have the chance to win one of the following prizes:

• 2 pairs of Rangers FC hospitality tickets

• 2 signed Rangers FC footballs

To be eligible to win one of these, please complete the survey no later than midnight, 29th September 2016.

Please click on the button below to take part in the survey. "