Allardyce resigns

Has to be embarrassing. Or so says Alan Shearer.

England are the "laughing stock of world football" following manager Sam Allardyce's departure after only 67 days, says former captain Alan Shearer.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37490396

I think that's a little unfair on England. They have nothing to be embarrassed about. This was all that greedy bastard Allardyxe's doing.

I think that's a little unfair on England. They have nothing to be embarrassed about. This was all that greedy bastard Allardyxe's doing.

Think Shearer is implying the FA are to blame which makes the English game a laughing stock for that reason and in fact his actual words at one point were "you would presume people at the top of the FA did their homework on Sam before appointing him"

And whether it's unfair or not he's probably right that people around the world will be having a laugh at this. And as mentioned in a previous post regarding reports that millionaire footballers have been betting on games they're playing in last I heard the England manager is on about £4 million a year and this idiot after less than 10 weeks in the job becomes involved in shady deals for just 10% of that and has now lost everything for it?

What a complete arse and that's even aside from the corrupt nature of it.

Edited by JFK-1

Sunderland and the hammers might be needing him soon

He's already under investigation for a transfer when he was at West Ham.

Looks like 8 others will be sweating right now ----

Manager 1

Ex-Premier League manager allegedly liked “bungs” in cash or deposited in a Swiss bank account. Pagliara said: “I can call [X] now and all it is with [X] is 'How much, Pino? And will it be the same Swiss bank account?’”

Manager 2

Ex-top flight manager has had “more backhanders than Wimbledon”. Pagliara said: “This is what I hate... the guy that used to need the money but he’s had so much now that all of a sudden he’s whiter than white.”

Manager 3

After managing several British clubs, he was allegedly fired by one for having “his fingers in the till”. Pagliara said he would get involved if “you understand that when we do deals I have to have a carrier bag with some cash”.

Manager 4

Pagliara said of this boss with Premier League experience: “We know him very, very well. We do a transfer, [X] has winked at us and said 'Yeah, I want the player. Is there a little coffee for me, Pino?’ Yeah, course there is.”

Manager 5

Ex-Premier League manager who, said Pagliara, would call him and say “here’s the number”, and give him details of a Swiss account. He said: “It was always numbered accounts.”

Manager 6

A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Manager 7

Ex-Premier League manager is another “we can put on the payroll”. If a player was transferred for £10m, “we’ll turn round to [X] and say, listen, if you take this player we’ll look after you. OK? OK, boom.”

Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.