“Hun” and “Jock” not considered offensive by Ofcom

I think when asked the question they should be shown recordings of Celtic fans saying it, along with the add-ons, and also show them the banners at the OF game as well as the effigies, pointing out the significance of the orange cloth.

After that, any fair minded person would deem it deeply offensive - that the media don't, while being extra sensitive to stuff like the mythical sash pitch pattern (which was tartan and in itself was overtly sectarian against the OO), is pretty shocking.

I do think paki is a bit of a strange one - it comes from the Persian, "pak" which means "pure", or "clean", with the country adding the Hindi, "istan", meaning "land".

Which is why I was totally bemused by the ludicrous furore over, "My paki friend", unless he said it that way - which to me was a real occurrence of PC gone mad. I didn't like Green but that was nothing.

Prince Harry got similar grief for the same thing and I would bet the 'Paki' he was referring to didn't even care about the remark.

The prince issued an apology after the News of the World published a video diary in which he calls one of his then Sandhurst colleagues a "Paki"

A statement from St James's Palace said that Prince Harry used the term without any malice and as a nickname about a highly popular member of his platoon. "There is no question that Prince Harry was in any way seeking to insult his friend'

And keep in mind this is the army where drill Sergeants are notorious for speaking to trainees in less than complimentary terms. In the same article it also mentioned that Harry had said 'raghead' but someone else had to fill that in with the fact he was referring to the Taliban enemy when he said that.

As if labelling the enemy with uncomplimentary names in war is unusual.

Some snaps from FF:

Ofcom Update

Just got a call back from Ofcom informing me that the survey was carried out by IPSOS MORI. I informed the caller that Ofcom had unwittingly created a situation where the abusive and sectarian term "hun" was now seen as acceptable because the survey sought the opinions of people who weren't familiar with its use.

The guy at Ofcom said he would note my concerns but wasn't able to do anything else at present.

I informed him that Ofcom had failed miserably and had achieved the exact opposite of what they are paid to do.

I told him I would be posting this information on FF .

PS The "N" word is no longer classed as racist or offensive. I'll be publishing the results of my survey showing this as soon as I get back from the Amazon rainforest.

As far as I can gather Ofcom asked for a survey into language that could be deemed as offensive but I don't know who decided to include the term "hun". The Ofcom guy seemed keen for me to take it up with MORI but I pointed out to him that they were responsible for commissioning the survey and they should deal with it.

I tried on here to explain if you read the whole offcom/MORI report

The term Hun that they are referring to is short for honey used in the address of a Woman ,it states this in the report that is why it is seen as causing medium offensive..

There is whoever an addendum stating that it is a different case when used in a sectarian context

The media have ignored the and twisted the truth here to suit their agenda .I posted the link to the report in an earlier post ..

The Ofcom report placed 'hun' under the heading 'race/ethnicity' implying that it was slang for Germans.

Younger people were so clueless that they assumed it was an abbreviation of 'honey'.

Hun is a disgusting sectarian slur used by bigots, to describe those who they perceive to be Protestant

The MORI poll states this at one point

HUN is a Sectarian Slur used by bigots in Scotland and N.I and by cult followers ..

My point is that the sectarian angle has been ignored by the mhedia who printed this .

To suit their Agenda

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1094874-Ofcom-Update-(5-Viewing)