[FT] ICT 0 - 1 Rangers (Miller 22)

Thankful for small mercies.

In the last two games, we have avoided the stings of both Jags. Three goals for, none conceded, and six points garnered.

A wee word for BBC Scotland's Rob McLean. I was driving home last evening and as such a captured audience. Last night was your opportunity, AmDram Quine, Big Dick was missing and you had a blank canvas to paint as Host of the Show. We know the on message narrative and we know you are a strict adherent. However, your half-time and full time summaries over-egged an already rancid pudding. Repeatedly expressing disappointment that ICT had not taken their two scoring chances, and describing the referee's reaction to Andy Halliday's tackling as, "disappointing", "strange" and, "curious". You are trying too hard to impress the big bhoys at Pacific Quay CSC. Ever wondered why you were dispatched to the wilds of Inversneckie on a Friday night?

Not sure how I felt about yesterday - good result, decent performance but again, no killer instinct up front.

Holt was very poor in my opinion. McKay very mixed as usual. Waghorn back to him requiring 20 chances for a goal.

Can't complain though, 3 points!

Still dominating games without the finish...Kennys goal from Lees cross excepted. Barrie terribly off form, Waggy has lost his touch, Jasons first touch is missing.

Krancjar: Now fitting in.

Miller: Exemplary.

Halliday: Nailed it again.

Wes: A very sound keeper who oozes confidence.

Keirnan: Fine performance.

Hill: :facepalm:

Wallace: Great attacking full back play once more.

McKay: Lost form.

Holt: Not up to speed.

Waghorn: Same as Holt.

Tav: Defensive duties sound, attacking ability less so.

Subs...Garner Dodoo and Windass: Jury out.

Quick edit: Dodoo looks a player and deserves a start vs Sc*m.

I respect your post but I saw it quite differently;

Miller : good first half apart from making a mess of a simple pass that would have put Tav clean through, anonymous second half.

Wes: not convinced, made a hash of a high ball and got a lucky foul given to save him.

Kiernan: was at fault for allowing two free headers which should have been scored. Must not be allowed any more game time, he costs goals (or simple chances) every single game. I'm seriously looking at MW judgement by continuing to pick him.

Hill: has improved every game, not brilliant but solid enough.

McKay: good first half, usually against two defenders, not back to his best yet but improving.

Holt: brings the drive from midfield we sadly lacked earlier in the season, unusually poor finishing last night but first name on team sheet for me.

Waggy: had a shocker, we don't get the best out of him when he plays wide. Must be played central.

Tav: improving his defensive work every week, to the detriment of his attacking play but that's now the right way round for the team.

Subs: as usual our subs weaken the team and we lose momentum. MW use of subs is his biggest failing apart from CH.

Be interesting to read other bears thoughts too..........

keith jackson ‏@tedermeatballs 11h11 hours ago

Warburton not talking to BT. Rangers and BBC at war. Car crash presser with Sky. What an embarrassing PR full house.

D'Artagnan

‏@4thProtocol

@tedermeatballs I'll give you an embarrassing full house Keith - fabricating stories, being savaged by IPSO & forced to issue an apology.

[emoji23]

Absolutely brilliant. Funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Richie Foran is either playing mind games or underestimating us...Rangers will dominate the game, it's just a matter of time before Rangers hand out a real battering...hopefully up there, 3-0 or 4-0 even!

As for the league changing and the teams improving, with finances improving as well and the standard of the football going right up...That's bollocks! The standard of your average Scottish side remains no better than say 5 years ago, in fact I'd say it has worryingly deteriorated even more so in that time.

C'mon Rangers shut these diddy teams up and have them show a little respect for a change!

I agree, it has deteriorated, we all got the stories of the competitiveness when Rangers were out the league, that was all hogwash as OK teams like Caley and St Johnstone have improved in that time, but a rather poor Celtic team still won the league these past 2 seasons with a good bit to spare, and too many average teams like Caley will cut say Accie's throats then their own, there is no consistency, so who's kidding who?

In the last two games, we have avoided the stings of both Jags. Three goals for, none conceded, and six points garnered.

A wee word for BBC Scotland's Rob McLean. I was driving home last evening and as such a captured audience. Last night was your opportunity, AmDram Quine, Big Dick was missing and you had a blank canvas to paint as Host of the Show. We know the on message narrative and we know you are a strict adherent. However, your half-time and full time summaries over-egged an already rancid pudding. Repeatedly expressing disappointment that ICT had not taken their two scoring chances, and describing the referee's reaction to Andy Halliday's tackling as, "disappointing", "strange" and, "curious". You are trying too hard to impress the big bhoys at Pacific Quay CSC. Ever wondered why you were dispatched to the wilds of Inversneckie on a Friday night?

What is your take on this 26th.

Another nail in the Daily Record’s coffin - Darren Cooney promoted

Rabid Rangers-hater Darren Cooney has been appointed to the highly influential position as Daily Record Sports News Editor because they are getting rid of former Rangers News editor Ian Scott.

Cooney will be joining the well-adjusted ranks at Central Quay with head of news Kevin Mansi, Jane Hamilton and the new Sunday Mail editor Brendan McGinty.

Taken from FF

I posted last night and have not changed my mind - Hallidays tackle maybe just merited a free kick due to the player falling over an outstretched leg - but it was never, ever a booking offence.