Well, we signed him at the age of 21 and did not exactly use him as the main / central striker that he was. Rangers managers had a nick for that. By now he is 29 and I can only speak for the games that I saw him, i.e. Euro 2016 and the last couple of WC qualifying games, where he was played as a central striker. He applied himself admirably, was a pest for defenders of the highest quality and always there or thereabouts with the goals. He is rarely used by Norwich this season, who play the likes of Alex Pritchard, Steven Naismith and Cameron Jerome ahead of him. It seems not everyone likes a gangly, 1.93m striker.

IF MW decides that he could be an option for half a season, I would not cry foul but want to see how he gets on now ... in this environment and with these players about him.

Edited by der Berliner

Lafferty's problem isn't his ability it's his attitude. He didn't make it at Rangers becasue of that and he's failing at Norwich for the same reason. He has skill, he's strong and fast as well, but he's got broken bottles for brains and it's difficult to do anything about that now.

Hardly, as far as I can tell he has started 3 matches none of which were consecutive if memory serves and scored in one of them. The jury will be out on Garner till he gets a run of games which hasn't happened so far. If we had judged say Kranjcar after so little pitch time then Kranjcar is a failure.

Exactly, the jury is still out, but I haven't seen any positives that would make me think oh yes, he'll come good, it is too early but my point is do you think Lafferty wouldn't have done any better in these 6 weeks, Honestly? As for Kranjcar, different kettle of fish, he had fitness issues and most knew he would come good as he is a class player and he is starting to show it.

Edited by scotjo

Lafferty's problem isn't his ability it's his attitude. He didn't make it at Rangers becasue of that and he's failing at Norwich for the same reason. He has skill, he's strong and fast as well, but he's got broken bottles for brains and it's difficult to do anything about that now.

He has been a twat but I think he is improving on that apparently and although not a goalscorer as such I just have a hunch he would be a help in an area where we are struggling.

Edited by scotjo